project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
25 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #5001
RedAlertSF

Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

Birgirpall (the guy who made the video) is the king of BF3. Seriously.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RedAlertSF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #5002
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Burgerpaul, you mean.
77SiCaRiO77 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #5003
ebevan91

This game is so unoptimized it's driving me crazy.

I have a GTX 460, Core i5 2500, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and the game barely hits 40 FPS even on low/medium settings.
ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #5004
SiN|ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

I have a GTX 460, Core i5 2500, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and the game barely hits 40 FPS even on low/medium settings.
460 is weaksauce, get another for SLI and you might crack 60. I have 2 470s in sli with a i7 2600k@4.2ghz and I have to run on low to get a solid 60fps in full servers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #5005
No_Surrender
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

Then you have something wrong. I have the same GPU with less RAM, worse CPU and I used to have around 40 fps with most settings on high. Havent played in a lot of time I have to say. Try updating your nvidia drivers, there was some good increase of performance with the latest versions in BF3.
No_Surrender is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #5006
ebevan91

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Surrender View Post
Then you have something wrong. I have the same GPU with less RAM, worse CPU and I used to have around 40 fps with most settings on high. Havent played in a lot of time I have to say. Try updating your nvidia drivers, there was some good increase of performance with the latest versions in BF3.
Everything on my PC is a fresh install. Just put the parts in recently. Except the 460, I've had it for about a year.

Well actually I don't have the latest driver, I have the driver before the last one. I'll try the latest one. Gonna get in game, observe FPS, then install new driver.

Ok I think it was definitely the driver. My FPS in an empty server at main base was around 65-80. It hit 99 after installing the latest driver.
Last edited by ebevan91; 07-05-2012 at 10:21 PM..
Old 07-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #5007
Cassius

I dont get the appeal of BF3. Its basically a fantasy game in a military drag. If you want to play something with mechanics that are out there, why not get something like Space Marine, which I enjoy, or another game in a fantasy setting thats to your taste. Wouldnt a military game based on real forces be more enjoyable if it not only looked the part, but played accordingly as well?

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #5008
Qaiex

I thought BF3 was fun at first, then it started showing it's true CoD colours, and now I think it sucks.
Game has no pacing. just a run and gun RATTATATA clusterfuck all over the place. Skill required is less than zero.
Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #5009
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
I thought BF3 was fun at first, then it started showing it's true CoD colours, and now I think it sucks.
Game has no pacing. just a run and gun RATTATATA clusterfuck all over the place. Skill required is less than zero.
ratatatat clusterfuck is putting it lightly, you can feel your mind slipping away when playing it

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun sure helps.
karambaitos is online now Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #5010
youm0nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
You just noticed this now? I noticed it as soon as I played the open beta

(o,o)
|)__)

-"-"-
O RLY?
youm0nt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
6-apb, battlefield, bf3, close, console, experience, game, mk3, opinion, pc or console, quarters, skill