project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
23 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #4001
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

No, the VAL has the highest headshot damage modifier for any automatic weapon. It killed in a single shot to the head whilst the G3 and other assault rifles didn't. I'm not sure if that's still the case.

You don't get a marksman bonus with it, that only comes from sniper rifles that are straight up headshots.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #4002
LieutenantNessie
Banned
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
OMG this game is so unoptimized.

My PC meets the recommended specs, yet it's choppy even on low/medium settings.

The game feels so choppy even though my frame rate is good occaisonally. It fluctuates between 35 and 80 depending on the map and where I'm at, but Karkand and Oman are the worst.
Me too, until I bought another 4gb of ram. With 8gb everrything runs fine now
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #4003
Mora

Mora's Avatar
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
No, the VAL has the highest headshot damage modifier for any automatic weapon. It killed in a single shot to the head whilst the G3 and other assault rifles didn't. I'm not sure if that's still the case.

You don't get a marksman bonus with it, that only comes from sniper rifles that are straight up headshots.
It needs more then one bullet in the head to kill someone. But they will be almost dead.

Mora is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #4004
G.Kibler[3|AIU]

G.Kibler[3|AIU]'s Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to G.Kibler[3|AIU]
Default Battlefield 3: Close Quarters: Your Opinion?

I would like to know others opinions of this expansion. From what I have heard it is mixed reviews rangin from the bad "DAMN USAS NOOBS" to "Why are they taking noobish CoD Weapons?" but I have also heard "New playstyles." I am personally look forward to this expansion pack, due to some weapons I heard about BEFORE CoD. (MTAR-21, AUG, Bushmaster, etc..)

So, what is your opinions? Awesome? To Cod-ish? What is this so-called Platypus? (I got nothing against CoD, except the ones after CoD 4)

So tell me your opinion!
G.Kibler[3|AIU] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #4005
dtacs
Supporting Member

dtacs's Avatar
Default

I've been finding that with most guns now. Find a guy looking away, let off a quick head-high burst and run away assuming its enough only to find he isn't dead.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #4006
philnopatience

philnopatience's Avatar
Send a message via Yahoo to philnopatience
Default Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters: Your Opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatypusDude View Post
I would like to know others opinions of this expansion. From what I have heard it is mixed reviews rangin from the bad "DAMN USAS NOOBS" to "Why are they taking noobish CoD Weapons?" but I have also heard "New playstyles." I am personally look forward to this expansion pack, due to some weapons I heard about BEFORE CoD. (MTAR-21, AUG, Bushmaster, etc..)

So, what is your opinions? Awesome? To Cod-ish? What is this so-called Platypus? (I got nothing against CoD, except the ones after CoD 4)

So tell me your opinion!
COD doesn't own CQC maps or the weapons they have chosen, the people bitching about BF3 bringing in weapons that are in COD are obivious BF3 fanboys who need to grow up, if we didnt have weapons that are from COD than we wouldnt have a big selection to choose from. Also about BF3 doing a more close quarters style gameplay, who cares BF games have always had a good bit of CQC, its not a big deal.

http://g.bf4stats.com/ydWabaOc/ps3/cheeseybeaver45.png\
philnopatience is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #4007
Qaiex

Qaiex's Avatar
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

I have no problem with BF3 encroaching on CoD's territory. As long as that's not the only thing it does, or the focus of the game.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:41 AM   #4008
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Nebsif's Avatar
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

I'll prolly skip that CQB thingy, more metro-no thanks, even with like 20 players those maps become repetitive waaaay too fast.. unless they add some leet AK, then i'll poop some money on them.

Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #4009
LieutenantNessie
Banned
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

I won't be buying CQC because I have no absolutely use for it, I really hate CQC maps (Except grand bazaar) and I won't be needing it for Paranoia either since I pilot.

Really really looking forward to the Armored Kill though!
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #4010
Pantera

Pantera's Avatar
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Mk.3 (PC/Console Game)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantNessie View Post
I won't be buying CQC because I have no absolutely use for it, I really hate CQC maps (Except grand bazaar) and I won't be needing it for Paranoia either since I pilot.

Really really looking forward to the Armored Kill though!
I hate CQ maps on BF too, but the weapons i think are worth investing in (for me at least, LSW, ACW-R..Spas-12! WANT)

i know i know same damage as any other gun different model/texture blah.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
6-apb, battlefield, bf3, close, console, experience, game, mk3, opinion, pc or console, quarters, skill
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2015, Project Reality.