project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #1781
Navo
Default Re: The AWESOME/OMG/WTF thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the point of the barriers?
It's a flood barrier.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #1782
sharpie
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
Tartarus.
That was possibly the best response to a post, of all time. In the history of motherfucking man-kind.

Qaiex, I salute you.

EDIT: Thank you Navo. Durr.
Double EDIT @ Rudd: Yeah, I was sort of thinking that myself. But hey, anything could happen. Maybe the Reapers will start thier invasion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
[R-DEV] K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #1783
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

its to stop flooding from tidal flows etc

I guess they wanted the HMS ocean for

1) very visual security presence with some PR for the Navy and Marines
2) self contained helibase with all the equipment to support helicopter operations with possible rapid distribution of trained personnel for various contingencies (whereas they'd have to bring lots of equipment to any old airfield and it wouldn't be as secure?)

The military is making a bit of a stunt out of the olympics though tbh, especially with all this SAM site nonsense lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #1784
Murphy

SAM sites because of the Olympics? Wow can we please find better excuses to enforce a police state......please? "An old lady buys bread at 8am every morning let's have an armed patrol keep her town secure from terrorists".......

Murphy is online now Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1785
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
SAM sites because of the Olympics? Wow can we please find better excuses to enforce a police state......please? "An old lady buys bread at 8am every morning let's have an armed patrol keep her town secure from terrorists".......
the fear is about aircraft that have been taken over by terrorists

only recently the RAF were scrambled to intercept a helicopter that was improperly broadcasting a distress signal iirc.

I think its less a conspiracy, and simply that the military barely ever gets the chance to bring these toys out to show everyone hehe; and I get teh vibe there is a little bit of inter-branch competition going on...

RAF gets to have typhoons all over the place...so the Navy gets Ocean into play, army is a little perturbed by all this cool tech tech so they go "screw it, we'll bring out SAMs that we never get to use!"

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #1786
MaSSive

Send a message via Skype™ to MaSSive

Kind of sad isn't it? Does not fit well together. Biggest sport event in the year of the world and sam missiles and battleships :/

CATA4TW!
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #1787
Polka

Swagger on a hundred, thousand, TRILLION.

Polka is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #1788
[R-MOD]Saobh
Forum Moderator

Heck I'm pretty sure this could also give you a haircut :

YouTube Video

The only acceptable 'Lone Wolf' you'll be allowed to play :

[R-MOD]Saobh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #1789
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

EVE Online | EVE Insider | Dev Blog

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #1790
Simon777

Police chiefs ban the word ‘blacklist’ over fears that it is racist | The Sun |News

I existed from all eternity and behold I am here, and I shall exist till the end of time for my being has no end...
Simon777 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome or omg or wtf, thread