project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
01 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #801
jerkzilla

jerkzilla's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twonkle View Post
In Sweden it's pretty hipster to have large u-ringed t-shirts (See image), I got a couple but then again. I'm a bit hipster!
Swede men don't have chest hair or what?

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #802
WelshManDan

WelshManDan's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I'm just fucking fashionable. Call me a hipster bro, I don't care. Shop from ASOS, Burton, Topman, Republic, Chemical Records, I JUST DONT CARE.

WOOOOO
Jesus, I didn't know not liking 1 high street store (that I still do some shopping in) is such a crime. The hipster remark came about purely because half of their stuff is hipster, and not the good kind of hipster, it's all super-skinny jeans and long emo t-shirts.

I prefer tight, fitted stuff, so obviously turn to river island, USC, republic and burtons more than anywhere else. Zara comes in close behind, and I budget to buying 1 or 2 thing from Moda now and again.

First time I ever used the word hipster was like the last page. I should of just said ugly weird shit (although the jokey t shirts are at perfection in topman)
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #803
Ptolemaios
Banned
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
I'm just fucking fashionable. Call me a hipster bro, I don't care. Shop from ASOS, Burton, Topman, Republic, Chemical Records, I JUST DONT CARE.

WOOOOO
exact. i like looking good too, and therefore dressing in fashionable clothes etc.
Ptolemaios is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #804
Qaiex

Qaiex's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

There's a difference though. Fashion moves forward, and hipsters move backwards. They want shit to be "vintage". What hipsters wear is what used to be fashionable, in 1974. They grow beards not because it's cool, but ironically. They think this is art, and wear these god awful shitty sunglasses:



Really, what makes a hipster is trying to make some sort of ironic statement with the way you dress. Like wearing a Vote For Pedro shirt or something.

Hipsters:



Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkzilla View Post
Swede men don't have chest hair or what?
The problem with V-necks is that it looks just plain stupid and screams "Hey look at me, I'm a huge fucking douchebag!"

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #805
WelshManDan

WelshManDan's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

The douchebag look is a viable look. One that I endorse, ala Pauly D/The situation.

I don't care about being called a douchebag, but hipster draws the line.

My mate (hipster) actually said the other day he doesn't like a song anymore because it's too popular. Da fuck?

And let's go back to people bragging about recent purchases soon? Don't make me spend more money.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:38 AM   #806
Xavo|xXx

Xavo|xXx's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Oakley MTB gloves:


Maxxis Trail Pump, takes both Presta and Schrader valves with no stupid fiddling with internals or w/e.


Two new DH tubes to put on my daily rig cause they're thick as f..k, then spent a bit more for my LBS to drill out the presta sized holes in the rim so they could fit, then a bit more for some new rimtape and then a teeny bit more to fit everything back on.
Next on the agenda is to replace my BMX style grips with lockons, replace the front brake lever because there's only half left, new slimline pedals and a loooong way down the track is an XT drivetrain upgrade to 2x10 or even 1x10 with a bashring/chainguide combo. (But that all depends on getting a job and if I want to make a downpayment on either a new Trek or a new Pivot Mach 5.7) Hmmm decisions...

Oh and I bought a Robert Ludlum book.

It goes Halle Berry or Hallelujah | Pick your poison tell me what you do | Every body gon' respect the shooter | But the one in front of the gun lives forever
Xavo|xXx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:11 AM   #807
Arnoldio
Banned
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemaios View Post
exact. i like looking good too, and therefore dressing in fashionable clothes etc.
You just look like everybody else who is fashionable...
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #808
Epim3theus

Epim3theus's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnoldio View Post
You just look like everybody else who is fashionable...
Like a hipster you say?

Bought some s3 workboots grisport.

If you can read this the bitch fell off.
Epim3theus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #809
burghUK

burghUK's Avatar
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

The basic reliable shoe.


and a couple of cheap t shirts



also bought one of these , hilarious in a pub during football , drunks get so angry when the TV mysteriously turns off all the time or the volume goes down.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA280_.jpg



i refuse to spend silly amounts of money on clothes , im just not vain enough.

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:46 PM   #810
Scot
Supporting Member

Scot's Avatar
Send a message via Skype™ to Scot
Default Re: What have you bought? (swag thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Jesus, I didn't know not liking 1 high street store (that I still do some shopping in) is such a crime. The hipster remark came about purely because half of their stuff is hipster, and not the good kind of hipster, it's all super-skinny jeans and long emo t-shirts.

I prefer tight, fitted stuff, so obviously turn to river island, USC, republic and burtons more than anywhere else. Zara comes in close behind, and I budget to buying 1 or 2 thing from Moda now and again.

First time I ever used the word hipster was like the last page. I should of just said ugly weird shit (although the jokey t shirts are at perfection in topman)
Lol i was just kidding man. I was making the point that it doesn't really matter where you shop because 'fashion' is so opinionated that who gives a fuck?

In the wise words of Dr Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

If only everyone was as smart as Dr Seuss.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
basedgodswag, bought, dmt, girliemen, pony swag, sneakers are ugly, swaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-, swag, swag is a state of mind, swaggalicious, swagger, swiggity, thread, yolo
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:57 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. ©vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All Content Copyright ©2004 - 2014, Project Reality.