project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2005, 12:03 PM   #41
SGT-Kwint[75thR]
Send a message via ICQ to SGT-Kwint[75thR]

Greets to all in the world of surrealism seeking realism.

My name is Alexander and I’m 26 years of age, And I live in Holland, the land of free everything (If you know where to look that is) and am definitely a realist seeker if it comes to games. Because nothing wrecks a game more in these times of digital revolution and animated billboard tracking you with their eyes as you walk by then good thought out games lacking that little piece of the puzzle which would keep you cluttered to your monitor practically 24/7. Or in other words copy real life, put it in a box with some electrical parts, mix it up and put it on a disk so the rest of the world can enjoy the thoughts of your sick mind.
SGT-Kwint[75thR] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #42
TCS

Hey everyone... I've been registered here for a while but only lurking, finally getting to play the demo for a bit has got me ready for the real thing, time to post!

I'm very, very, very - yes, very interested in this mod! I came to this site as soon as I saw the first link, I think I will probably be playing PR more than anything else. I have some reasons for being so interested in PR, so here goes...

I'm ex-Army (U.S.)... 7 years as a 19D Cavalry Scout, never spent a day in Bradley - started out in M113's & ITV's then migrated to HMMWV's once they started getting fielded for Scouts. I was always surrounded by Armor, some mech. Infantry, but mostly tanks. For a while I thought I was in it for the long haul, but the Army wasn't at all interested in helping a motivated troop (yeah, me) find "his place" in the Army. I wanted to stay, but I wanted to do something new, it wasn't happening, so I got out & went to school.

Now I'm working for a company that makes training systems for the military... you'd call them simulators, our boss doesn't like that word though. We do systems for the Army primarily, armor specifically, though we are currently dabbling in the helicopter thing. I'm a "modder" I guess you could say... I create 3D models, work on terrain & buildings and make textures, I also do some video work & have done some work in Director for multimedia training curriculum. I've been at it for about 5 years now, business is good these days, doesn't look like I need to worry about getting laid off anytime soon!

I was talking with a few coworkers last year about some ideas we all had, and we decided to pick up the BF mod tools and see what we could do. The goal was to create something from nothing in very little time. Our experiment was pretty successful, but we decided to hold off until BF2 came out to take advantage of the new engine & mod tools. We naturally wanted to make something much more realistic than BF or DC had to offer, and it would be mainly a mod for M1/M2 combat.

Considering the nature of our business, true realism is the most important mod we could strive for. Our requirements are VERY different than those of a game... but the similarities are still there. It's hard to comprehend how much is different, I can't grasp it and I've been inside it for 5 years now, but we run on "typical gamer" PC's and can't yet match the realism as far as graphics goes. It's very frustrating for the artists, and some of the software folks feel it too... but we're slowly catching up. Games like BF2 drive the develpoment of hardware to new heights, making our jobs easier.

I know I will be trying my hand at modding BF2 on my own, along with at least one other artist and 2 programmers from work. It may never see the light of day, but we hope to get something running. Because of this, I'm hesitant to offer my services to the dev's of PR... but I'd still like to. My time is very limited, aside from work I'm married and have 2 young kids... but I still try to play some DC whenver I can, and I look forward to playing BF2/PR. I can probably make some time to help out with developing PR, if there's any way I possibly could. I wish I could jump in and offer to be "full-time"... but I don't think it's possible. I'll gladly share what knowledge I can, and any other skills that I might be able to contribute to help make PR a success.

I'm looking forward to spending more time around here... now I just need to get posting!

TCS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #43
Tactical Advantage

Good to see you here man, And let me be the first to thank you for serving. God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR ALLIES
Tactical Advantage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #44
DarthMidget

Hullo! I am DarthMidget. My real name is Kyle Davis. I live in Nashville, TN where I attend MTSU. I am getting a degree in History. Love the mod concept! Can't wait to play it!
DarthMidget is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:21 AM   #45
McHatton
Send a message via MSN to McHatton

Greetings everyone! Well, I saw PR as a link from TotalBF2 and after reading would be glad to see this mod take off . So now a little about myself I suppose:

My name is Michael Hatton and I am 16. I was actually born in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., and lived in the Middle East for 10 years (Yes, I did live in Oman for 6 yers and the demo map is very sparse compared to the real thing.). My family moved back to Canada where I currently live, and hope to get an engineering degree and move back over to the U.A.E. Wonderful place, the Middle East as I'm sure anyone who has been there can relate to, unless it was a combat situation...

Looking forward to BF2, 2 days till arrival!
McHatton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:44 AM   #46
lil_terror

Hi all,

Just wanted to say i love the idea of PR! And think you do a great job and will make the game go from very good, to almost perfect!

I have followed the PR community for some 2 weeks now, and it looks like a nice serious bunch.. Not the typical kiddies!!! hehe

later all.
lil_terror is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:51 AM   #47
Krpano
Send a message via ICQ to Krpano Send a message via MSN to Krpano

Hello,

My name is Sérgio (my ingame nick is always the same "Krpano"), im brazilian and i live in Geneva-Switzerland.
I have 30 y/o and im a professional bodyguard for about 7 years.
I worked for the brazilian police too for a short time, before i move to europe.
Im married for about 11 years now.
I love computers and any electronic gadget.
My favourite hobbies are sports of any kind specially bodybuilding which i practise for 10 years or so.

Im really looking foward for this mod, and i talk to everyone about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Krpano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 11:57 PM   #48
waffenbaum

Send a message via MSN to waffenbaum

Hey people, in case you want to know, my name is Jarl and I'm an comic artist/writer. I'm 19 and currently studying animation here in Denmark where I live. I hope I can add a little to this great mod, either through writing, drawing or otherwise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
waffenbaum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:44 AM   #49
Wolfe[75thR]

Hello:
  • I am SSG-Wolfe[75thR], from the 75th Ranger Regiment, an online Americas Army Unit, looking to expand into Battlefield 2, and we are also looking at Reality Mod as an attachment to our expansion.

SSG-Wolfe[75thR]

Wolfe[75thR] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #50
Scoggs117

Hi my name is Randy, my friends call me Scoggs(ROTC thing), hence the Scoggs117 thing(117 is the thingy from halo). I just moved to Las vegas and had to sell my Xbox for a shiny(I like shiny things) paintball gun. So now I have started to play PC games, and wow i was missing out. I saw a video for Xbox360 for "Battlefield 2:Modern Combat" and was pretty psyched(gunna buy that too). So i figued might as well try "Battlefield 2" and yes it is worth it. I dont think i'll sleep until the night before this mod comes out!

Seeing how I am new to the community, I was searchin like the n00b i am for anything cool to add on to BF:2, and stumbled upon this site. I was like "[Edited:well not actually but you get the point] this rocks!!". I was totally surprised at the model Devs made... so here i am a minion to your beautiful mod...
Scoggs117 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
=r6=, ann, baria, community, cool, dano, hoes, introduce, melissa, mitchell, newbie