project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #11
Ecko
Supporting Member

Default Re: Does my video look convincing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whathe12 View Post

Does my video looks convincing enough? I moved the space ship frame by frame for close to 400 frames because I didn't know how to motion track at the time.

BTW I'm only 13 and any criticism would be welcomed.

Honestly, to save yourself time on a static shot (IE the camera didn't really move, just shook) you should have kept the camera still. On a tripod or something and than edited in the camera shake with your visual software package. (Crop and trim function).

The editing time would have been but a fraction and given a much more consistant position for the space craft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AKA Ecko1987
Beep-Beep-Beep.
Ecko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

I am watching this on my phone, so I can't critique everything.

However, I can say that the shadows were perfect for the distance away from the camera, and for placing each frame, that was pretty good motion tracking.

Also, dont tell people your age, just ask them what they think. Don't go looking for pats on the back, just get the job done. Otherwise you'll be too distracted to make quality productions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Acemantura; 08-13-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #13
whathe12

Thanks for all the tips and advice. I did try and match the ships lighting to the actual footage lighting by flipping it so it would have the same light source. I also turned down the opacity of the ship image so it would look far off in the distance.

One thing that I did do wrong, which I regret a little, I tracked it frame by frame without the help of the standard motion tracking tools built into After Effects. Yes, sadly because of this mistake the ship looks a little wobbly in some spots.

And yes, my acting was pretty bad. If there were too be another spaceship video like this, I would try and have a more casual setting. Such as hanging out with a few friends and then noticing it. I also cut, like, 30 seconds of the video because that would take way too long to manually track it. It took me close to 3 hours to keep it in place as best as I could for a ten second video.

I will try and learn automatic motion tracking for my next video that would need the use of it.

Again, thanks for all the feedback, it really helps me and my friends as we try to improve our quality of our videos.
whathe12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #14
Cassius

It looks kinda foggy on a clear day and kinda dark when the sun should make the metal shimmer and shine.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #15
whathe12

Alright, since I didn't want to make a new thread, I'm posting a new video that I made this week with my friend. Mostly look at the use of the text and color correction as well as the use of music. As this is my first real video using some CC as well as a little vignette around the edges.

whathe12 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
alien, convincing, spaceship, video