project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.5 Feedback Forum
22 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Arrow Map Feedback: AlBasrah

Please post feedback on this map in here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
djchester

Exclamation basrah

The new 0.5 looks great. I have had one major issue that I thought I should let you know about.

Whine: Basrah map takes ridiculous amount of memory. I have 2GB of ram but I was only able to play for about 2 min before I got out of memory. So I switched the pagefile back on and rebooted. Rejoined the server and it was ok for 5 min, then it started swapping alot and it felt laggy. I checked the taskmonitor and it said it was using 3.16GB of memory. This must be wrong?

Constructive: Perhaps say something about 4GB memory requirements in the wiki? ..or fix the Basrah map.

Thanx for keeping up the good work.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
dunkellic

i´ve encountered a strange bug - i spawned as insurgent commander and got into one of the spawn cars - every few seconds i could hear myself bleed, then die shortly afterwards and INSTANTLY respawning in the car, only for the same thing to happen again - i though it would be funny, but then i noticed that i had 10 additional deaths XD
now my death streak is 12...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]dunkellic
i´ve encountered a strange bug - i spawned as insurgent commander and got into one of the spawn cars - every few seconds i could hear myself bleed, then die shortly afterwards and INSTANTLY respawning in the car, only for the same thing to happen again - i though it would be funny, but then i noticed that i had 10 additional deaths XD
now my death streak is 12...

You cant go commander as insurgent. Its intentional, that was the best way of doing it.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

ye duck I think you need to take off that extra 50 meters of view distance you put on just before release.... was lag free for everyone before that.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

im having awsome fun on it!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Guerra norte

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino
ye duck I think you need to take off that extra 50 meters of view distance you put on just before release.... was lag free for everyone before that.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! I have 1 GB of ram and it plays completly smooth, I can even fly now so I doubt it's the view distance that's causing lag.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:35 AM   #8
Barendz

Send a message via Skype™ to Barendz

I could play Barah pretty nicely in 0.4 (with 1,5 gig RAM) and the first time I played it in 0.5 it was smooth too but yesterday I joined a server and I was constantly lagging even around palace. Ive had this problem before with EJOD and disconnecting and rejoining solved the problem there. I havent tried it on that server yesterday but it might solve the problem, at least when you doesnt always lag on Barah.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:35 AM   #9
Figisaacnewton

dont change the map. i think its strongly related to server stuff. this map generally plays smoothly as soon as you've got the whole map loaded into your RAM. with chunky server code, this probly doesn't happen as smoothly.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:52 AM   #10
301_HysterX

My feedback :

the map is really GREAT, but when you look around you, it is laggy (depend where I am on the map for me). I played it yesterday and only my squad (i was the SL), put a rally point... The whole team except my squad didn't do anything... We capped and hold the south but without any rally points they couldn't do anything on North, and they didnt do anything.

I left the server because it was a crap team, I hope next weeks will be better! (It happened only on this server, all the time I played .5 it was in Teamplay, but without, it's really boring with the new AAS v2 (so much better than before!))

Except it, the map is great. Good job, and sorry for my bad english.

Tags
albasrah, feedback, map