project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > ABA Clan Archives
02 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
joey_deacs

Send a message via ICQ to joey_deacs Send a message via AIM to joey_deacs Send a message via MSN to joey_deacs Send a message via Yahoo to joey_deacs Send a message via Skype™ to joey_deacs
Default RANK IN PR

Hi guys just a question RANK we all know about it, taking example from BF2 i`m sure PR may be a better game with it perhaps only allowing the most senior member of a team to become squad leader?? Also adding little bits to the game to add a dare i say a little more reality. Again I may be wrong what i have noticed is that some members have rank already is that a naming thing thats been done by them selfs or can you attually earn rank in PR?? I beleave that not having it in PR has stopped SOME!! cheating (Why`d you`d want to chat on non reanked servers??) within the game, would earning rank open it up to cheating??
Old 10-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
SNIPERxWOLFxGB

Send a message via MSN to SNIPERxWOLFxGB

id love to see rank in pr..
Old 10-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

What are you talking about exactly?
There is ABR (Alternative Battlefield Ranking), which is used by quite a few servers.
And why is this in the ABA section?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
UK_Force
Retired Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-PUB]bosco View Post
What are you talking about exactly?
There is ABR (Alternative Battlefield Ranking), which is used by quite a few servers.
And why is this in the ABA section?

Coz hes an ABA Member?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
joey_deacs

Send a message via ICQ to joey_deacs Send a message via AIM to joey_deacs Send a message via MSN to joey_deacs Send a message via Yahoo to joey_deacs Send a message via Skype™ to joey_deacs

ABR (Alternative Battlefield Ranking) so how does this affect their gaming has it improved the game?? If so is there plans on bringing it to the armynet server??
Old 10-14-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
joey_deacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force View Post
Coz hes an ABA Member?
thanks for the back up ha
Old 10-14-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
wooly-back-jack

I prefer non ranked servers, better gameplay and that ABR has always been a pain in the backside for me, too much messing just to rank up.
You guys only playing on ABR servers are missing out on some real good servers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 AM   #8
TY2D2

Send a message via AIM to TY2D2 Send a message via MSN to TY2D2 Send a message via Yahoo to TY2D2

Guys I am pretty sure you are all missing the point.

It appears to me that uk_joey wants your rank to affect your abilities ingame. Like certain ranks can only get specialized weapons or become SL/commander. Somewhat implementing what BF2 has with highest rank getting to be commander, but PR-ified.

I personally do not like the idea because:
1) It promotes stat padding, in PR!
2) The ABR system isn't fullproof it seems, or at least in my experiences with it.
3) Lots of good SLs do not have a high ABR rank so why should they have to earn their rights as SL by playing PR more? While some kid who stayed at home for a week and played PR will be leading squads and the gameplay will decrease in quality.

(Mod move this to suggestions?)

First Strike Developer
ASF Clan Leader
Old 10-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #9
chudley
[ABA] Squad Leader

Joey, some of us have ABR installed and running, it doesnt change much to game play for me, cos i generally ignore it. There are plenty of servers which dont use it and plenty that do.

i tend to play on the same servers all the time, not bothered whether they have it or not. I play cos they are good servers.

Just so you are aware if we are not on Armynet, you will probably find us on TAG , Tactics and Teamwork, Thors brigade, SOE, IGI, or any othet with good ping and decent players.

Hope you enjoyed last thurs.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #10
strima
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Personnally I don't play PR to gain rank, it's more for the enjoyment of the game. I have ABR but I've hardly used it.

Tags
rank