project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #41
KaizerSosa81

Default Re: The Impending Release Scream Thread [v 0.96]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeKillHatch View Post
Updating objects\weapons_server.zip for 10 minutes now. (still installing)

"This may take several minutes and appear unresponsive. Please wait until the process is complete."

For how long? 15 min?
You sure you don't have the PunkBuster prompt box behind it? You need to click finish on that so it can finish the overall install. Or else it'll stay like that.
KaizerSosa81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #42
[R-DEV]AFsoccer
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteMyre View Post

Flag layout?

Really?
I know we all get stuck in how things are "done", so I actually created this route to mix it up a bit. Some of my thoughts were:
  • Create a cross between AAS and CnC
  • Make it more realistic (the final objective is the overall mission)
  • To add some variety
  • To see how it affects how we "typically" play... i.e. to make people think outside the box and see what happens.

I'd be interested to hear how the game went. If there is a strong consensus that it just doesn't work, then I can change the route. But I think after the initial, "what the heck am I supposed to do with this," I'm hoping it will be a nice change from the other 8 routes on the map that are more traditional. In many ways it gives you a lot more freedom, yet isn't quite as open-ended as CnC.

Let me know what you think after you've had a chance to play it a few times.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #43
Spuz36

Think I was on that map layout doing some challenger work. Mind you this video is for the lulz. We were quite confused with the layout heading out, but found our way.

Cnc wise we put our FOBs all around their cap flag, and won.

I think this layout was definitely a change up, and really made you go for the gusto and make a bee line to the flag. However, I can see people setting up FOBs in a chain to get there almost like check points. When we played, it seemed each side took a clockwise route to the flag. That is, the British went south across that wtfbbqhugebridge, and the PLA must have went north.

Once we capped the PLA flag it was pretty easy to keep them out. While they spawn closer, organization of vehicles is needed to push any armor out. Our British team eventually had 3 FOBs surrounding Uranium and that really gave us reinforcement power.

Great map by the looks of it and really optimized well. Impressive with all those trees around.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spuz36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #44
Tarranauha200

So much bugs
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #45
MasacruTheSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
So much bugs
There's a bug forum and I would like to know what are the bugs you've encountered ? I didn't see any bug and played for a few hours.

The new sprinting system is so good.. now IT feels like I'm really making a run for and the way you travel around the map now is so much better.

Overall I love it.
Last edited by MasacruTheSniper; 07-16-2011 at 04:12 AM..
Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #46
[R-DEV]AFsoccer
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuz36 View Post
I think this layout was definitely a change up...

Great map by the looks of it and really optimized well. Impressive with all those trees around.
Thanks Spuz... and thanks for the video.

As you said, there are 7-8 traditional AAS routes on the map, but this one and a slight variation of it (with two flags in the middle) should offer a much-needed "change up". Hopefully everyone will experiment with their new freedom and give it a try.

[R-DEV]AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
096, impending, release, scream, thread