project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 10:53 AM   #21
Kingy

Default Re: Rampant idiocy surge in the past couple days

Quote:
or spend the best part of 2-20 mins alternating clicks on the NWA server in the list hoping for someone to disconnect.
Or use the auto-deploy which automatically joins the server for you when there's a free slot.

FYI: Click chosen server ---> Server Info ---> Auto-deploy ---> If I remember right NWA is 62/64 (2)
In other words maxed at 62 with 2 reserve, in which case put the minimum players in the auto-deploy options to 61 and as soon as this is reached it will attempt to join for you, doesn't always work but better than what you described.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #22
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz View Post
Check your calendar, it's summer (read: school holidays). It's like that every year.
Dats meeee!!!!

But I'm not stupid like the rest of my generation (most of em)

I was fortunate to grow up with kids that are all about 5-7 years older than me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:03 AM   #23
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaizerSosa81 View Post
Basically what the topic reads...

I know I'm pretty new to PR but the last couple of days have been awful...

Situational awareness is almost nil, people react too slow to combat scenarios and there is no tactical approach whatsoever. Fine, I can just chalk that up to people who might be new themselves or just not good players.

Yet there has been a slew of asshattery going on in the past couple of days where I seriously can't get one good game in. This isn't server specific either. I've been on most of the team work orientated servers and it's the same thing (TG, MERK, NWA).

Why? I understand one or two dumbasses joining a game but my recent PR outings have been tainted with just rampant idiocy. TK'ers, Squad members who refuse orders or generally screw up purposely, shooting in main and at friendly vehicles, horse playing, stealing kits, 6-7 squads locked with minimal members and achieving nothing, people (especially SL's) leaving squads to make new squads just so they can do it once again 10 minutes later.

It just gotten so bad that the once cherished moments I have when the wife is gone and I get to put on my PR boots - it's like stepping in a day care center for special children with guns.

Do I have to join a clan just to experience PR the way it's meant to be? Ugh.
Well, I played 4 matches on TG yesterday/today for 5 hours straight. I had an awesome time. Shame I missed Iron Ridge INS, that ought to be fun. I really don't have any problem finding decent games. Usually I play on TG or just join a random server and lead a squad.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #24
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingy View Post
Or use the auto-deploy which automatically joins the server for you when there's a free slot.

FYI: Click chosen server ---> Server Info ---> Auto-deploy ---> If I remember right NWA is 62/64 (2)
In other words maxed at 62 with 2 reserve, in which case put the minimum players in the auto-deploy options to 61 and as soon as this is reached it will attempt to join for you, doesn't always work but better than what you described.
The problem is, if somone presses auto deploy before you, or someones doing the "clicky-game" (jumping back and forth between servers to update them) it will kick you auto of the queue list.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #25
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

I generally don't find auto-deploy all that reliable, and often the server browser doesn't update itself properly, so your best bet is to just keep double clicking on your preferred server until you get in.

For Aiur
Old 07-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #26
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Outlawz View Post
Check your calendar, it's summer (read: school holidays). It's like that every year.

This ^^

Every summer it's the same. Best bet is to remember who the decent players,Sls are and follow them around and get to know people.
There are still lots of people who play properly.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #27
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post

Not here to judge
Yea right........ in fact that's all you do.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #28
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley View Post
Yea right........ in fact that's all you do.
You are now judging me and btw my opinion shouldn't bother you at all.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #29
Robskie

NWA is always good, can't stop that random asshat coming in but you report him, we kick him

New Active Clan. Find us on the PRTA TeamSpeak! We are Red Company! A fresh clan in the PR-verse looking to expand! Come join us
!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #30
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robskie View Post
NWA is always good, can't stop that random asshat coming in but you report him, we kick him
You didn't get kicked Rob, did you?
Closed Thread

Tags
couple, days, idiocy, past, rampant, surge