project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #21
Cassius

Default Re: combat stress and taking break?

You dont have combat stress, but spending several hours a day on a game like PR can be mentally tyering, especially if you do it right before going to bed. Not ideal to relax.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #22
80HD

Send a message via MSN to 80HD Send a message via Skype™ to 80HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riflewizard View Post
I tend to get stressed out by bad teams and players. I generally just lonewolf now because i inevitably get frustrated when playing with others, as a few of them are bound to be complete idiots or something.
That's superb. I'll take "Common Denominators" for 1,000 Alex.

Lonewolves aren't as bad as the troglodytes that join up just to get a kit though.

[PiCE]uamaelstrom
(Server Admin for: Relentless Assault)
REQUIRED READING:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
You dont have combat stress, but spending several hours a day on a game like PR can be mentally tyering, especially if you do it right before going to bed. Not ideal to relax.
True, this is why is advisable to play PR once in a while. At least for me it is.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #24
Tarranauha200

When you know that enemy APC is gonny roll around that corner everytime and your hat is still deploying, thats when you get that very strange feeling of being paniced, but you can still think operate and thing clearly. I think its just the adrenaline.

I like to take little breake after those kinda situations, lay back and breath deep before going into the action again.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:45 PM   #25
billysmall44

Send a message via Skype™ to billysmall44

when i play i sweat alot for some reason. and i get anxiety when im in a situation were if i dont do something or die, others in my squad and in other squads will die too. I dont get stressed about dying myself. just everyone else dying. i think its normal to back out of a game to do something else. not that your sick of playing just that your sick of being responsible for other people having fun.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 AM   #26
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

no because i never feel safe enough to let a few guys go afk for a minute...and i'm usually right about that feeling. hate to bring in game limitations but the maps are too small for a break, nor are there enough places to hide....ever even in real life.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
maarit
Supporting Member

i post in this thread cos player decline thread was closed.
i also think that there maybe some things also how people play this game to related to player decline thing.
i always dreamed to play squad who play semirealistic and then sometimes take break(in this break you could secure some area from buildings and stuff like that)
sometimes squad could go back in main to resupply(so often you see that if you dont have examble ammo on hat,your squad just keep going and then comes apc)
often i see also that one man have got fall behind after some situtiation but rest of squad dont give a thing about it,just saying..."when you die,just spawn at the rally"
very rare times some squadleader has told to squad what i was part of,that "we are going to go in that building there to just guard that road there"those situations are much more exiting and fun that just go near the flag to "cap".

theres really not much that kind of action,yeah its just my opinion but just running what game mechanincs tell you to do,it comes boring after time.

i played dayz...(not playing anymore cos it messed my arma2pr installation)but i was alone in woods and injured,there was some finnish guys on mumble and i tell them that im injured and im gonna die soon.
those other guys was in same place,so they decided to make rescue mission.
they got car,guns,medical supplys and they came and saved my virtual life and it was fun.
(i waited them to come my position 15 mins
maybe iits that in dayz there is now flags and really nowhere to go but in PR,you have hurry to the flag or you lose the game.

and yes,i havent play PR serious maybe 2 months cos get bored and just thinking why i get bored to this mod what i have played quite long time now.
Last edited by maarit; 07-25-2012 at 02:16 PM..
Old 07-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #28
elman8155

I remember playing with a really good SL. After every "mission" (assault of OBJ/flag) we would RTB to reload ammo. He'd say be back in X amount of minutes. essentially a piss break. Those were the best couple rounds of PR i've played. This was cool because when I get into an intense firefight in PR my adrenaline rushes.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #29
Cassius

You dont get combat stress from PR. You get the same stress you get from every other game you sit through for hours on time. Vidgames got enough bashing as it is. I would worry more about what extensive periods of sitting down do to your metabolism. Get a standing desk for doing homework and such.

Except for squadleading, when I squadlead my mind is always racing and concerned with everybody in my squad and looking at what the team does, while being on point. I find that really stressing.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
Portable.Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elman8155 View Post
I remember playing with a really good SL. After every "mission" (assault of OBJ/flag) we would RTB to reload ammo. He'd say be back in X amount of minutes. essentially a piss break. Those were the best couple rounds of PR i've played. This was cool because when I get into an intense firefight in PR my adrenaline rushes.
This is something I do almost every round. Split the sq if we are defending for long period of time for drink / smoke / piss breaks.
Its sort of selfish as I usually need to go out and have a smoke myself.

sent from the phone using magic

Closed Thread

Tags
break, combat, stress, taking