project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
James May

Default Re: *UPDATE* Project Reality Pilots Association [PRPA]

I fly transport copters in PR, and fly the Aviat Husky in real life.
James May is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:28 AM   #12
Acemantura

Send a message via Skype™ to Acemantura

What Aircraft you Fly: Mostly Transport, occasionally Attack Helos, I haven't flown an A10 in quite a while
When did you start: flying? In BF2 as a crazy assed Cobra pilot, then here in the MH6 (My favorite helo ever in PR) in around .5/.6.
Favorite Map to fly:
The ones with transports
LIKES or DISLIKES about the flight aspect of the game: It isnt anything like Arma, where you bottom out. Its nice but screws me up in ArmA. also the touchy-ness of the controls in the chinook, I cant land that thing proficiently enough.
Any good stories??: none off the top of my head, but they exist.
If you have any Hints or Advice for new In-game Pilots: Grab any helo of your choosing, go up to 2000 meters and hold the throttle up and any direction for 10 seconds, then try to recover, the sooner you recover, the better you are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Acemantura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #13
Ron-Schultz

What Aircraft you Fly
Everything!
When did you start
3 years ago(in PR, battlefield2 6 years)
Favorite Map to fly
maybe muttrah....but i like all airmaps
LIKES or DISLIKES about the flight aspect of the game
I think its the best flying-engine of all games at the moment.
Any good stories??
too many
If you have any Hints or Advice for new In-game Pilots
practise, practise, practise....
Ron-Schultz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
Moot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Schultz View Post
LIKES or DISLIKES about the flight aspect of the game
I think its the best flying-engine of all games at the moment.
Come again?
Moot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
BenHamish

What vessel do you Pilot?
Everything! From schooners to frigates!

When did you start?
A long time ago.. Two-score + four years, to this very day.

Favorite Map to Pilot:
Muttrah.. Ya'll see there be a harbour there to capcher.. And many a landlubber te feel me steel.

LIKES or DISLIKES about the Piloting aspect of the game
See now, the ships see, they doesn't allus hold true to bearing, yarr. Can be a pain to see even an experienced cox turn ho athwartships in all but a moment.

Any good stories??
Arrr, far too many. Tharl shall fill up a silent night though i'm sure, with us swiggin' grog. Many a tale of ghost ships, and battles with cannon shot peiercing the boards, and the futtock shrouds becoming weighed heavy with enemy lead.

When ya'll old salts want ya's to summon Charlie Noble, make sure ye's do it with a pinch of the old salt now Jim.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Redamare
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post

When did you start?

Favorite Map to Pilot:
Muttrah.. Ya'll see there be a harbour there to capcher.. And many a landlubber te feel me steel.

See now, the ships see, they doesn't allus hold true to bearing, yarr. Can be a pain to see even an experienced cox turn ho athwartships in all but a moment.

Any good stories??
Arrr, far too many. Tharl shall fill up a silent night though i'm sure, with us swiggin' grog. Many a tale of ghost ships, and battles with cannon shot peiercing the boards, and the futtock shrouds becoming weighed heavy with enemy lead.

When ya'll old salts want ya's to summon Charlie Noble, make sure ye's do it with a pinch of the old salt now Jim.
Just Stop : look back and Delete your entire post . . .

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #17
KillJoy[Fr]

I'm not a real pilots in real life but i'm going to join french armed forces to flew some trans chopper ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #18
[R-DEV]Thermis
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post

When did you start?

Favorite Map to Pilot:

Any good stories??

Funny, but keep it on topic please.
[R-DEV]Thermis is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #19
Redamare
Supporting Member

This was posted on the Older Therad that was moved to General Discussion

Quote:
[R-DEV]Ninja2dan

Although it doesn't sound like a bad idea, I don't know if you'll get much response. I haven't seen many pilots on the forums yet, but I could be wrong. I've been flying for about a decade, but had to stop recently because I just couldn't afford it anymore. AV-Gas, aircraft rental, misc FBO fees, etc all build up. And with the recession and unemployment going on, I'm guessing a lot of older non-owner pilots have laid off flying for a while and the newer pilots-to-be aren't taking that jump into GA because of funds.

I just woke up and my head is strill a bit groggy from the flu medicine I've been taking for a couple days, and right now I feel like I gotta puke. So I'll finish up for now and might fill in my personal info later on afrer I've prayed to the porcelain gods a while.

Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #20
[R-DEV]Airsoft
PR:BF2 Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester

IN GAME PILOTS: Airsoft Soldier
What Aircraft you Fly: Transport Helicopter: cows, littlebirds, blackhawks, and hueys
When did you start: From the start of bf2, in PR 2007
Favorite Map to fly: Jabal, Muttrah
LIKES or DISLIKES about the flight aspect of the game: I like helping out the team in the best way I can through flight support, gives a feeling of accomplishment. But I do hate the occasional lag comming due to mediocre hardware or pr bug.
Any good stories??: my best stories are fail stories, mainly in PRT NATO back in the day
If you have any Hints or Advice for new In-game Pilots: practice, practice, practice. Get decent hardware so not to blame it on the lag, and never fly into a linear path, towards the enemy, and take the same route.

Soon to be an Air Force cadet and hopefully be in the role of flying cargo planes, i'd like to know as much as I can about aviation from the real life guys

[R-DEV]Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
association, pilots, project, prpa, reality, update