project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
Pesticide
Supporting Member
Default not switching teams end of round off better for community?

I have played on a very few servers that do not change people to other side and thus keep the squads and everything going for the entire duration of their stay on the server. I felt it much easier to get to know people, organize and have fun. Makes me wonder if more servers would adopts this and not mix up teams every round it would be better for the community overall to learn how to play.

What do you guys think would be best for the community to cope with the influx of new people and getting them up to speed faster?

Also is there any risk of increased squadbug on this setting ?

Proud member of Forgotten Honor Tournament.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Broadcasting PR live from big servers every week
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Pesticide; 02-20-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 02-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Elektro

Default Re: not switching teams end of round off better for community?

I find it best when you play blufor one round and opfor the next. Also, if you want to play with the same people just remake your squad and invite them.

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
Conman51

No its good the way it is now.

The way you are suggesting is the way i see it done in many FH2 servers, and for that reason me and my clan mates cant play very long because it gets very boring playing the same team over and over.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

Conman51 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
goguapsy

I think the OP is mentioning the auto-balance in a new round (people teamswitch, others get teamswitched back for example. Also, players leave the server, unbalancing the teams again, causing teamswitch).

Other words, if THIS is what the Pesticide is saying, therefore I don't see a fix, unfortunately. People teamswitch - you NEED to balance a server. I don't think auto-balance is any smart (many times my squad has had auto-teamswitchers, letting me wonder what did I do for them to have me so much hehe).

The solution is admins. But that's not an easy job, at all.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

each map requires a different squad distribution, and each player should be exposed to each team in a reasonably equal manner for fairness to everyone; so I'm in favour of keeping teamswitching.

However, generally, the same players squad lead repeatedly and that attracts their friends and aquaintances to them which means that if you also tend to stick with the squad leaders that you like, you'll get to know certain people well.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
mangeface
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
However, generally, the same players squad lead repeatedly and that attracts their friends and aquaintances to them which means that if you also tend to stick with the squad leaders that you like, you'll get to know certain people well.
Couldn't have said that better myself. There's a few guys that are on TG almost every night that I enjoy playing with. On top of getting to know people well, you start learning their tactics too, therefore things become second nature and the SL doesn't always have to ask if someone's guarding the door, or if someone grabbed a particular kit.

<-USMC, that is

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:30 AM   #7
cyberzomby

yes Rudd and Darkside have good points. on top of that I'd dislike being opfor the entire evening. Like someone said, same reason I dislike FH2. Its not that I want to be AMERICA F*CK YEA! But you just get different gametypes with the opfor/blufor switching. And most squadleaders recreate there squads locked and invite everyone who is still there from last round.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #8
SoB-Rindee

It would be nice if squads could transfer over to the next map, but we kind of have hoop dreams there don't we?

Bad Company 2 had a FAIRLY reliable system. If you had someone on your friends list and you had a squad (or were in one with openings) and they joined your team you would be in a squad together.

Other than that, there is little that can be done.
SoB-Rindee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
Pvt.LHeureux
Project Normandy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
No its good the way it is now.

The way you are suggesting is the way i see it done in many FH2 servers, and for that reason me and my clan mates cant play very long because it gets very boring playing the same team over and over.
Well I find this pretty good, I love playing allies and I can always play them :P

And alot of germans play Fh2, so they are happy to stay axis lol. You can always ask an admin to switch..if there's one.

Chuva_RD : You want to remove bugged thing but dont tell how to fill formed void.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
community, end, round, switching, teams