project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
Shots1721

Default What's happening to the community?

I and many others have noticed that over a period of time the community is slowly changing and I don't think there is much chance of stopping it or taking it back to the roots of what PR was really. I've played and still play PR for a few years and one of the things were missing, is the EX-Military or those few people who know what they're talking about.

For example, let me give you two short scenario's:

Scenario 1 (2 yr's ago Al Basrah NWA Server) - Me and a couple of Ex Military Para's set off in a squad of four with a convoy behind us, before we even headed out of the operations base the team organised themselve's and had contribution into what they were going to do to search and destroy the objective. We all seperated off our kit classes so nearlly all of the team had a kit they wanted or asked for.

Scenario 2 (Present Day Albasrah NWA Server) - Me and a few clan members make a Mechanised Infantry squad hoping to be able to communicate with the Armour, that went wrong as they failed to support us as we proceeded towards the city from the south highway. We tried again but as they're was no infantry to support the western flanks and a couple of guys were sniping on the eastern island and NOT collecting intel we failed again and the bombtruck had passed by the island and into a nearby tank and apc.

Both these scenario's did happen and it is not made up for me to rant and rave at, all I want to know is the community's opinion into our present community and maybe a reason for why it is all going well tit's up.

Shots

'Death or Glory'
Shots1721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar
Default Re: What's Happening to the Community?

Shots, you can still get that experience from your first scenario. I manage to find great teamwork in the same sense that you described in your first example every weekend I play. In fact, just a couple of weeks back on the same server, our team did the pretty much exact same thing you're describing.
I don't think the community or the teamwork experience is degrading at all, it's just that with the influx of a lot of new players there are a lot more populated servers with a varying degree of good teamwork around. Some bad, some good.
You gotta actively search for the good games now. Find a community, maybe a clan, or both you like playing with and stick with that as much as you can, is my advice.

PR was indeed a different game a few years back, but I actually prefer how it is now.
One thing I don't like about the most recent versions is the armor/asset and infantry balance, and I think this is detrimental to both teamwork and gameplay in general.
I hope this issue will be at least partially resolved by an increase in player numbers (64p to 128p).

Remember that I'm not saying that you're wrong at all. This is just my experience of it, and how I see things.

Xfire: wrestlersesf
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #3
Shots1721

There is a few games where there has been some great teamwork, but thats what I mean they're getting fewer and it's not the new players fault in a way its our fault for not giving them the right information before they do they're own thing 'Don't run if you can't walk first'.

'Death or Glory'
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
Daewi

Good teamwork is important, but it's not any tradition that ex-militaries are creating a good game. It is for everyone and most play PR for entertainment and fun, which of course is what it's all about. If you can't find a good game on the public servers you can join the tournament

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daewi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Some armour just don't want to patiently work with inf although many do, just luck of the draw I guess.

Where you both in Mumble SL channel as NWA has quite alot in it most of the time?
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:44 AM   #6
ElPube

1st thing : it's just a videogame.
2nd thing : shit happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ElPube is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #7
Shots1721

Yes in scenario 2 we was, scenario 1 was a couple years back, not many used mumble as much we just knew how to communicate through the teams

'Death or Glory'
Old 02-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #8
Shots1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPube View Post
1st thing : it's just a videogame.
2nd thing : shit happens.
It is a videogame and yea shit happens, but shit is happening to often and for a game that is pretty much a military sim I can put money on it that you dont play this like its just a 'videogame'

'Death or Glory'
Old 02-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shots1721 View Post
Yes in scenario 2 we was, scenario 1 was a couple years back, not many used mumble as much we just knew how to communicate through the teams
Well it really depends on what server you go to these days. TG is always good place to hang out for teamwork games. Than most people mention PRTA, UKWF/NWA in that order.

See if the server has rules about following orders. If they do, go CO and command the team. These days as a CO you'r not stuck in your trailer at main. So you can play with your friends and command the team to do what you want!
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #10
Shots1721

Default Re: What's happening to the community?

Bumpedy

'Death or Glory'

Tags
community, happening