project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 05:04 AM   #41
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: What's happening to the community?

Shots add me on xfire mate. wiccasick

Im sure we can find something to improve the community with.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #42
CallousDisregard
Banned

We should eliminate witchcraft.
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #43
Wicca
Supporting Member

To late, this community is cursed with me.

Anyway, PR is a great mod, the community has to show its worthy. so we should all play PR for the people in the servers, not yourself. IMO, its the best way to play PR.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #44
StiffyMagnum

you are playing on the wrong server. Try the Hardcore Gaming Clan server.

It's full of ex-military and teamwork players. there is a reason why it's the number one Bf2 server.

-------- =]H[= StiffyMagnum --------

-------- How much gun are YOU packing? --------
StiffyMagnum is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #45
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

I know that the quality of players hasn't been that high lately, but don't worry, I'll be back soon.

Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #46
Bob of Mage

One thing you need to remember, is that new players often don't know where to look when they need help. Or in the worse case refuse to look for help (if they even know they need it). To fix the problem of new players not knowing, we need to understand the world from their viewpoint.

The first place I went to try and understand PR was of course the the webpage. Most of that info was good to get me interested, but much of the info is old (newest screenshot is from 2009!). After that I tried the useless Guide button (it's now removed). The manuel was the next thing I read before playing. After that I tried the old Training mode, and was kick after a minute or two by Punkbuster. I had never used a support forum before so seeing no option I gave up , and uninstalled PR. Sometime much later (months, maybe a year) I was bored and looked at PR again. This time I checked out the support forums on a whim, and found my problem was simple to fix.

The point of this story, is that people who play more casually won't take the time or know to look deeper the the front webpage. Training events are nice, but do little good for those who don't check the forums. If there was a detailed guide about how to play PR, that's easy to find. Then that might some new players fit in better.

Remember make it, easy to find and simple to use.
Bob of Mage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #47
Wicca
Supporting Member

step one create button: New to PR? Click here.

Step two add a List of:

Manual
PR training
Common issues with PR.

Step 3 ???

Step 4 Profit

Old 02-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #48
Gozjh

Wicca, did you forget to link?

[R-DEV]Rudd: "its project reality...not an episode of bob the builder or something...."

Gozjh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #49
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

One problem I see in most servers from the PR community is elitism in players. New guys join in, have no idea what is going on, as honest questions on how to do something and receive a ear full of 'RTFM' constantly. Sure, they should have read the manual before playing, but they have not in most cases. I think it is the duty of all players to help out new guys and answer their questions on the spot there and then to help them play and stop them quitting baffled by the game mechanics.

This is something that annoys me a lot when old players dismiss new guys instantly when they ask honest questions instead of helping them.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #50
ebevan91

I kind of lost the urge to play, because when I join a game, it's always mid round, and sometimes I get kicked from the squad as soon as I join it because I wasn't "following orders".

One day a guy asked me "wtf are you doing at main you're supposed to be with us", and while I was telling him I had just now joined the server and squad, I get kicked from the squad before I can even get all of the words out of my mouth.

How the heck can I be right there with the squad as soon as I join the server?
ebevan91 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
community, happening