project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
*NwA*Orford
PR Server License Moderator
Default Re: What's happening to the community?

I find that the new influx of PR players has diluted the game slightly. To the point that other severs give them short shrift unless the new guy takes the time to RTFM and ask whats going on. I have mentioned in other posts *NwA* tries to coach new players and squad up with them. Also alot of the PRTA members were playing on *NwA* every day until they started PRTA a few months back.

It also depends on time of day as from 4-8pm you get the kids who want to win at all costs and its a major pain to admin. Some dont get the FUN of having a 20min fire support move and flank firefight. Building and defending a FOB while attacking a cache or capping a flag.

Ghoisting can be a pain happens due to certain clans wanting clan mebers to be on the same side and if not they spoil it for every one. Then when every one gets banned the scream NOT FAIR and wasnt us until there blue in the face.

Best way to get a good game if your short on time or want to spend the night on PR. join mumble see how many are in each server SL channel then go from there. More SL`s the better the team work.. Once you load the game and select *NwA* I and any admin who is in mumble will kick none mumble players to get you on the server. Mumble isnt forced on players on our server but will get you into a full server. Im sure that gose for PRTA UKWF also.
*NwA*Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #22
BenHamish

Quote:
I played on all the these servers and they all have the same issue but in different ways, PRTA is more disciplined but seems to kick people too often
It's impossible to kick too many people who are spoiling the game for others/preventing serious players from joining.

Also, I had a mumble problem (it conflicted with my ATI Tray Tools overlay) and thus 'relegated' myself to non-mumble servers. Got mumble working and as a result played with it on in PRTA. People in that round had their heads screwed on, and can I tell you, it was a completely different game to me from then on.

Please give me your excuses for not using mumble.. System resources allocation is not a good one. Fair enough if you don't speak English, but there must be some server in your locality that speaks your native language?

Chat spam can be annoying 'MUMBLE CHECK' but really is infrequent and ignorable. See it as radio chatter if you will. Talking a CAS squad or mortars onto a target directly more than makes up for it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
BenHamish

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NwA*Orford View Post
... Once you load the game and select *NwA* I and any admin who is in mumble will kick none mumble players to get you on the server. Mumble isnt forced on players on our server but will get you into a full server. ...
Didn't know that, cheers Orford.

BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #24
Zoddom

Send a message via ICQ to Zoddom

i wanted to say something to the first post:

as i remember, tank crews for example were much more rambo like and egoistic in the days before 0.6.
however the times where some newb asked a stupid question nobody wanted to answer were much more rare. and then everyone jsut said "RTFM", I myself didnt even know what rtfm mean at first, but i thought "Its PR, im okay with this".
today every kid starts to cry immediatly if you say "just read the manual" (which is much more polite than RTFM") and then ten thousand discussions start on the forums why the "elite players" are so unpolite. new players just miss the point of what pr actually is, they dont even think about changing their gaming habits.
its not the same as it was soem years ago, PR s definately not just a game anymore.

Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #25
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHamish View Post
Didn't know that, cheers Orford.
Seconded. I'll keep this in mind.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #26
DenvH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smiles View Post
Wanna hve a jolly good times with all sorts of weirdos Join PRTA!
I know Wicca is weird, but that does not mean that PRTA has no good teamwork. It has it's ups and downs but I can get some good teamwork on there as SL:

Must say the squad was well disciplined and performed above average. We worked together with the NATO guys from 23rd and mainly supported them when they took out the cache. We had a 58/3 k/d mid game but I think we ended up with something like 80+/20.

In my eyes the community has changed, when I first played about 4 years ago there was more discipline, respect to other players and more mature players taking on the role of Squad leader or Commander and doing so successfully. You would listen to them and have an awesome round or don't and get kicked out of the squad.

Nowadays People tend to do their own thing more often and don't really bother about the team and the objective but I can't think of anything that caused this problem. The lack of discipline is the biggest problem within a squad I think, you can't run a squad when people decide to run off on there own without orders or even asking. Teamwork between squads is mostly poor in non mumble servers, I think it gets better and better when people start to see the advantages.

DenvH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
PR.Rob.McLoughlin
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to PR.Rob.McLoughlin Send a message via Skype™ to PR.Rob.McLoughlin

Join a clan, or get involved in the tournament. The a low minority community i find have a "fu*k off" attitude. I'll have 9 situations where the community is five star, and you steam roll through the game. and then i will have 1 where either you have a sniper squad not communicating, or an APC just going for kills.
PR.Rob.McLoughlin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #28
Fuzzy McDoodle

PRTA clan are a bunch of bunnies, they work together, but they don't do it right.

User received a warning for flaming other members of the community - Jigsaw

Last edited by [R-MOD]Jigsaw; 02-09-2011 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #29
AnimalMother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy McDoodle View Post
PRTA clan are a bunch of assholes, they work together, but they don't do it right.
wow,. care to expand on why you think they aren't doing it right.

|TG-31st|

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #30
Kain888
Supporting Member

PRTA is not a clan.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
community, happening