project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
Shots1721

Default Re: What's happening to the community?

I played on all the these servers and they all have the same issue but in different ways, PRTA is more disciplined but seems to kick people too often, UKWF doesn't fill up alot but when it does the new guys come in and no one helps them out and NWA, the guys that come in their seem to try and ghost, cheat and abuse the new players for no reason (not including any of the members and admins of their clans)

'Death or Glory'
Shots1721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
cyberzomby

The only people that get kicked on PRTA are the non-mumblers and the rule breakers. Its not like TG where people that dont donate get kicked.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
Shots1721

yea its true, all i'm asking for here is idea's and opinion's on our community, i dont wanna talk badly about server's cause its not the servers i'm trying to get at.

'Death or Glory'
Shots1721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
Mr Smiles

Actually it it about the servers: It all depends how you want to play. Want to play super serious and tactical= Join TG! Wanna hve a jolly good times with all sorts of weirdos Join PRTA! Want to have fun in all kind of assets mixe with insurgency join Hardcore.

Ofc there are other servers but them i dont visit frequently enough to make a statement about.

Mr Smiles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #15
chainsaw.exe

You don't need ex-mils to have a game like this, just some organised players. UKTF clan had a game with other clans the other day and it was about as organised as a game could ever be. You could always go commander and give the game some structure that way. Also when everyone's on mumble it is usually the way you described in the first situation.
chainsaw.exe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
cyberzomby

Exactly. I understand you don want to trash talk the servers but theres no way of talking about this without including servers. Gameplay varies a lot from server to server and day to day. NEW Era warfare for instance has a first come first serve asset rule. The effect it has on gameplay and organisation is much different than: Squadname asset rules.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #17
Kain888
Supporting Member

What Cyber and Smiles said. It's about server and people who play there (other servers attract other kind of people). It's not that everyone will play the game as you want, you have to find environment that suits your needs.

No to mention I find more organised games now than I used to 2 years ago. And PR is heading in good way with that goal. It's not game when you just need to hide you rally in some weird spot and rush with squad at enemy, now it needs a lot more coordination to win.

BTW I felt quite offended reading about PRTA kicking part in one of your post, we never kick anyone who is not breaking rules and we usually even warn them before (once or twice). Unjustified kicks happen very rarely. But it's not the topic here, sorry for QQ. :P

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #18
Stealthgato

Tbh, my best rounds of team coordination were on NwA. Everybody talks good about TG, but every time I play a round there it turns out to be some of the worst in my PR experience. Guess it's just my luck.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #19
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

It changes so much, I sometimes have a round or two on NWA because its friendly and has generally pretty good teamwork.

Last night I was unlucky with a micless SL who got dropped of in the middle of nowhere by Chinook (Archer) the NWA pilot was 'why there?' to the guy?

We get dropped of he leaves the squad...great - Alt F4 watch a film instead.

I like NWA and it's good - just an example how one plonker on one game out of 50 made it pants for me.

I think one game in 10 is great it all works well you're a well oiled SF killer, 5 out of ten OK a good laugh, maybe one or two a bit boring but the last two can be so bad, a staked team, the enemy who seem to kill me through walls all round, pilots who crash, armour co operator who's forgotton his glasses....
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
cyberzomby

haha exactly! Those numbers seem right to me as well!

Tags
community, happening