project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #1031
cyberzomby

Default Re: 128 player tests: Feedback and Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Saobh View Post
Thank you for your input Scot but I do believe the DEVs have enough experience on how to manage testing to achieve the desired objective.

So to conclude this, as UK_Force has restated twice in this thread. The decision has been made and testing times will be announced later on.

Now lets get back to the actual point of this thread "Feedback and Observations".Thank you.
If you only want feedback and Observations, why not lock this thread until a test day has been held? Because, we cant post anymore feedback or observations because... you know

/comical note to the e-drama discussion?
Old 05-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #1032
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Im sorry if i said anything wrong

sorry

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #1033
motherdear
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post

The point is rather, that if someone could tell me why this new method is far superior?
Quite simple actually. The way I see it we need some proper time to implement proper name tagging, stable versions, maps with different GPO layouts to test the player count and so forth. If the server is running constantly it will also not be seen as a test and is confusing the player base, when all we actually want is an amount of time to implement, discuss and reflect on changes made, how they have worked. And last but not least, what needs to be done.
If anymore time is needed for serious data logging we will discuss that within the team. But having a server running a game in 128 players configuration, which it was not intended to do, is only adviceable as long as we can guarantie that the server up time is justified for the intended purpose (which is fixing the errors and issues correlated with running above the 64 player limit)

The decision is not up to discussion, and it is something that we will keep behind closed doors, as every other development in PR is.

[R-DEV]OkitaMakoto: "Talking squad level tactics in bed is actually a little known aphrodisiac"
[R-CON]Pantera : "maybe you might learn that we are not super intelligent beings chained in UKF's basement being forced to work on this".
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #1034
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force View Post
This post should be taken as an Official Project Reality Management response to this issue, and is therefore not open for discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]motherdear View Post
The decision is not up to discussion, and it is something that we will keep behind closed doors, as every other development in PR is.
Quite.

As has been confirmed in the announcement and in subsequent posts, the decision has been made and is not up for discussion. As such this thread will be closed until testing resumes, at which point the discussion will be re-opened on the topic of feedback and observations.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Closed Thread

Tags
128, feedback, observations, player, tests