project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Well, first of all, hope all the Aussies had a good Australia Day. And to the other countries, well he's a little present anyway.

So, what a few people in the PR Dev team (as well as an outsider; Tema567) is working on at the moment, is unlocking some hardcoded stuff in PR. One of these things, is the elusive 64 player limit. Early private testing has proved very successful, with us being able to break the limit. The next logical step now, is public testing, to see if we can definitely confirm being able to reach 128 players.

Thanks to BloodyDeed of the New Era Warfare Community, his server will be running this test. This should provide a good enough central location for all you upside-down northern hemisphere folk.

Simply join the server with the current v0.957 version, and lets see if it actually works .

Now, at the moment, there will be a few issues of course. The amount of assets on maps will be not enough (since they're made for 64 players, not 128), some players won't be able to make it into squads due to 6 player x 9 squads (so please keep squads open). This will be rectified in the final version, but for the moment, it will just have to be dealt with. Some more issues may arise, and we would like you to report any of these issues in this thread.

The server is only running 4km maps for the moment, 1km and 2km maps are not really suited for 128 players .

Anyway, have fun and good hunting,
- The Project Reality Team

UPDATE: Please realise this is a TEST, once we figure out certain issues or everything works fine you can playtest it.

Do not useless spam the chat, so you can see info from server admins\devs.

1. Do not make squads until informed otherwise
2. Minimize VOIP usage for now(it might even get completely disabled for now)
3. Do not use vehicles until informed otherwise
4. Do not teamkill/kill enemy team members until informed otherwise

UPDATE 2: Test is offline for the moment, but we got to 128! Some problems are going to get worked on, so stay tuned for future tests

UPDATE 3: New test being prepared follow the rules above

UPDATE 4: New test applied, 8 man squads and fixed vehicle physics. Have fun and let us know the results

UPDATE 5: Testing is over for now, stay tuned for possibly more tests and more information regarding this in the months to come, thanks guys

UPDATE 5: Update 6: New test, some fixes, jump on and lets see if we can get to 256

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by [R-DEV]AncientMan; 02-05-2011 at 08:03 AM..
Old 01-26-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
[R-DEV]VapoMan
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]VapoMan
Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Good luck, you guys that have good pings to this server are very lucky that you get to play.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
Old 01-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
X1 Spriggan

Shit is getting real people!

[17:21] Falkun: im making spaghetti
[17:21] Falkun: lal
[17:22] Falkun: i'll put some in an envelope for you
Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
cyberzomby

Awesome news! Cant wait to try it out! Nice one guys
Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Killer2354

the one thing everyone said was impossible! If this actually works, I might make a layer for my map designed for 128 players
Old 01-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #6
[R-DEV]Psyrus

Congrats devs (and I assume particularly Ancient since you're announcing it)!!!

The wonders never cease around R-DEVs

If this does indeed take off, I might be a 4x4km map convert

brenn4n [My Hero]: I'm not going to fix it for Europeans because you have enough servers and because there's people in Australia and Japan that have always suffered with pings at least 240ms. This is their only opportunity to play PR at a more comfortable latency since nobody has ever thought of having one in LA like we do.

<3 FCV
Old 01-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
AnimalMother.

damn, if this is working then what next?

128 players, 8 man squads, 64km^2 maps with AASv4 where there's two lines of attack?

my head now hurts

|TG-31st| In Kenya.

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
Last edited by AnimalMother.; 01-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.. Reason: screw you danke
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
[R-DEV]Glimmerman

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Glimmerman

OMFG, you guys managed to break EA? Cool

Cheers,
Glimmer

Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We need moar bodies on the server! Regardless of your ping, join anyways and see if it gets over 64 this time!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #10
WithoutPurpose
Banned

Wont these guys from EA-games or Dice start bull-excreting because you "hacked" their engine?
Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test