project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #721
RoyNo
Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Hi Dev Team
WOW 128 player nice
NO asset rule ? = SHi*
20 player camps z.B. on the jet spawn and team kill for the jet !
128 player = asset rule
i hope you fix it
Old 02-06-2011, 08:02 AM   #722
Lutefisk
Send a message via MSN to Lutefisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyNo View Post
Hi Dev Team
WOW 128 player nice
NO asset rule ? = SHi*
20 player camps z.B. on the jet spawn and team kill for the jet !
128 player = asset rule
i hope you fix it
I completely agree with this guy, you guys definatly need to set up some kind of rules.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #723
[R-DEV]BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

There is an asset rule. We like our rule and usually its working very well.
It may not work with that many players and so many unregulars on the server but if you dont like it...dont play.
128p are here for a test of performance and stability and not Gameplay.
Think its really better to turn the server off now.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:20 AM   #724
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by killonsight95 View Post
Why would it ruin gameplay again?
It's because I like to know who I am standing next to, which I very easily would do in real life.
I shouldn't have to ask and clutter comms with another essentially unnecessary piece of information.
In a big group of people with no name tags, soon it would be impossible to know who is who, and even who is in what squad. Having no nametags is a recipe for a lot of confusion.

However, I am very much against nametags showing up at range. You should be able to distinguish a uniform and/or look at the map.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:51 AM   #725
hawkeye52

Hi everyone, I've played PR on and off for the last year but have gotten into it more lately. I'm still learning though. Here are a beginners thoughts on the 128 server that I played on last night.

First, it is absolutely epic. Loading up two full Mi-8s to the insertion point and having everyone drop off to secure, then to have an APC group come and pick you up later on to push forward. It was beautiful, and we hadn't fired a shot yet. There was so much activity. The larger squad was great, we could built up two fire teams, and in one map we had our own dedicated APC support which made a big difference.

I didn't like the bug where you could not identify people. It really made things tedious as hell. First off starting off and having the whole squad find the right APC to get into took much longer than it should have. We had to jump and crouch to identify each other. It was really dampening the fun. From my early experience I've been TK'd more than killed by a bad guy so far in this game, and I feel this bug will just make it worse.

I really hope more 128 servers come up, I had an absolute blast for the most part. The maps felts more active and alive. I hate how the game ends so soon though, it seems right as we start getting a good system going, the game ends and we have to regroup all over again.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #726
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskar View Post
It's because I like to know who I am standing next to, which I very easily would do in real life.
I shouldn't have to ask and clutter comms with another essentially unnecessary piece of information.
In a big group of people with no name tags, soon it would be impossible to know who is who, and even who is in what squad. Having no nametags is a recipe for a lot of confusion.
WHO CARES! just get the hell on mumble and ask them where they are if it's really that important? Just call them by waht kit they ahve eg.
"Hey AR"
or you can ask them using more detailed discriptions such as
"hey you over by the rock"
or
"hey you what are you shooting at"

I never call someones name out in mumble unless it's on the SQ leader channel, it's pretty pointless when hey you works just fine for me.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #727
Vulc@no
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to Vulc@no Send a message via Skype™ to Vulc@no

I've been following your test for some time,
this is a revolution for bf2 and big advertising for pr,

but i mean, its come to late,
pr have not enough players for that, in the week you can fill 3 servers with 128,
at the weekend any servers more,

the DEV?s must change some spots, with here serverlicences, with the maplayouts, with kits and many other things, for the result, you can play on this big servers with a little bit ProjectReality experience

for the serverowner
i mean the upload is to high, for the moment, and how are the cpu using and the ddr using,
for the moment, you must rent a dedicatet maschine with unlimited traffic, for 1 pr server.........
and the adminteam must bigger than a 64 slot server ........... and on the most server are at the moment not enough admins....

this at the moment my statement, but DONT FORGET

its only a test !!!
greetz

Old 02-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #728
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulc@no View Post
I've been following your test for some time,
this is a revolution for bf2 and big advertising for pr,

but i mean, its come to late,
pr have not enough players for that, in the week you can fill 3 servers with 128,
at the weekend any servers more,
Actually you could argue it has come at the perfect time. Yes BF2 is getting older and older but the playerbase of PR has grown exponentially over the releases and currently is at a peak, so it is only developments like this that can really begin to push the playerbase even higher.

Once again it needs to be noted that 128 players will only ever be an option, server admins will for the most part probably still run with 64 but for larger events etc the possibilities will be pushed ever higher.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #729
madcop
Send a message via MSN to madcop Send a message via Skype™ to madcop

some facts about the server

2-CPU virtualized by HyperV
a 1GB backbone for this 100 MB serverport

traffic is about 8MB constantly

RAM usage around 500 MB

problem at all is that the server only use 1 core.

if you have any hints for better performance let me know.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #730
madcop
Send a message via MSN to madcop Send a message via Skype™ to madcop

SERVER DOWN FOR NOW

check forums for new test weekend
Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test