project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #701
[R-DEV]BloodyDeed
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Good players wouldnt need any asset rule at all. They would see what the team is missing and play that role.

But this thread isnt about our asset rule, use our forum if you want to complain.

Stabilitywise server is working good but indeed lacks of teamwork. You guys have to understand that 128p isnt really playable with this gamesettings/configs at the moment.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #702
Lordas
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-spades-x View Post
I agree with the servers rules being under par, it would be nice to truely test out the 128 limit and see how it will really work using teamwork.... not every man for himself... first come first server,, PUB! It has a lot of potential, and it is great to see it 'working' just can't wait to see it in its true form of PR! seems like people joined that server and pretend it is Call of Duty
In my honest opinion, teamwork isnt working like it should just because of that little nametag bug. Just imagine what squad leaders feel... "Hey hey! You! There you! standing with a Hat kit, are you in my squad? yea? really? ok what is your nickname? ok ok cool, go to that location and cover east. Ok whos next, hey You! Yea you, rifleman, are you in my squad?..."

Old 02-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #703
Stiian

I agree. So is a random number of nametags showing, or is it 31 of your teammates?
I'm obviously not an expert in hardcoded stuff, but if 31 nametags are shown(given that you are the 32nd, as in a regular gamemode 32vs32), thats probably a good thing, cause then it's probably in the code and not a retarded and unknown bug..
Well, like.. That the array of teammates tags being shown is "for-looped" only to i=31;, and not "foreach'ed", or something.. - in basic programming language..

Or.. guys.. Can't you just make another game from scratch..? Really.. "Project Reality". No BF2, no Arma2. I would have bought it for at least $100.

Sti
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #704
Madhouse
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiian View Post
Or.. guys.. Can't you just make another game from scratch..? Really.. "Project Reality". No BF2, no Arma2. I would have bought it for at least $100.

Sti
They are.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #705
hiberNative

never saw the nametags as a problem, since i don't usually depend that much on them. you can still revive people without nametags, right?

-
Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #706
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiian View Post

Sti
http://www.realitymod.com/pr2.html

Old 02-05-2011, 07:21 PM   #707
Stiian

I just jizzed my pants..
Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #708
puckett
Banned

Remove nametags and add fastropes.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #709
Oskar

Send a message via MSN to Oskar

I don't see the game working AT ALL without name tags (gameplay wise, obviously), and I don't understand people advocating their removal.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #710
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Initial results from today's test were...?

Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test