project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #541
Pesticide
Supporting Member
Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

stream is up again live from kashan desert 128 players (see sig) , huge thx to NEW guys aswel!

jaiks, i jinxed it, server seemed to went down pr lose many players

Proud member of Forgotten Honor Tournament.
http://www.forgottenhonor.com
Broadcasting PR live from big servers every week http://www.justin.tv/pesticide/videos
Old 01-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #542
USA-Forever932

Is it possible to use this method to fix the current 8 player limit on all vehicles? With the inclusion of 8 man squads is there a way to make it so vehicles can accomodate all of them rather than simply doubling the amount of assets a team has at the ready? It would take 4 blackhawks to transport All 24 infantry in 3 different squads and 3 of them would be able to fit 2 with some space left over. This is currently the only problem. the USMC will be terribly dependent on choppers on maps like Muttrah and Barracuda where hueys can only transport 3/4 of a squad at a time.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #543
mxlinus

This is just a test people, be patient on all requests.

The server was running smooth last night, without crashing ingame which was AWESOME! today I've played a couple of rounds but it's now crashing more, but I'm sure you will get everything optimized soon enough.

It's a shame that people are not using mumble, join right team channels and stuff, but still, sooo realistic with all the action everywhere. this is so EPIC!
thnx guys.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #544
DDS
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan View Post
TBH, I like it that theirs no nametags, I really do.
It doesn't clutter your HUD and it looks more realistic, and if removed I think its a matter of getting used to just like the deviation.
Couple versions back I thought they'd take out name tags. Add's to the realism somewhat, but then again it could impact gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxlinus View Post
It's a shame that people are not using mumble, join right team channels and stuff, but still, sooo realistic with all the action everywhere. this is so EPIC!
thnx guys.
The one channel mumble doesn't work for me. I notice players are less likely to use it for fear of enemy hearing them, thus canceling out it's usefulness imo.

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Old 01-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #545
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Couple versions back I thought they'd take out name tags. Add's to the realism somewhat, but then again it could impact gameplay.
I've been TKed a few times lately, never guess what the majority was caused by? Snipers, then next up is marksmen. looking at the map > tags anyway :P

only problem is really knowing who is who for practical purposes, who has what kit, who has what responsibility,

"who has ammo?" "joe bloggs does" "which one is joe?" "joe is the rifleman" "which rifleman?"...

Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #546
ACE1918

My question is how did you do this?
Old 01-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #547
ChiefRyza

Just a question, if 100-128 players are only going to be used on 4km maps, we basically cut out like 3/4 of PR's map selection. It has to be all or nothing to be honest, 2km maps will be a lot more hectic at times but if you have servers only running 4km maps + increased player numbers, most maps will never be played again. You also can't have 4km maps and 2km maps with the player limit applied per map, it would just remove half the players on map change would it not?

Every server is going to at least want to try this someday, and if it does come to light, people are only ever going to want to play on the increased limit servers...I do believe 2km maps would work with the player count though - on a 4km map with the new AAS system, your going to have the same number of people fighting over one area, so I don't really think it would be that much more hectic on a 2km map. 1km maps on the other hand are a little unfathomable

Current project: Operation Tempest
Old 01-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #548
centralhigh76
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to centralhigh76 Send a message via Skype™ to centralhigh76

All I can say is wow! Great job Devs!! Now if you can find a way to have more squads instead of squad members!!

I have a question though... How can we make it so we can have 128 slots? I host my own servers so im sure it would be a file tweek, but for people that rent servers from companies like gameservers how would you implement the 128 slots.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #549
*]H[* Apollo|Hawks

You got to thank this man for making this possible

Project Reality Forums - View Profile: Tema567

Old 01-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #550
StiffyMagnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledo1222 View Post
why do people want 8km maps so bad. its just going to spread the whole team out and its going to look like a 32/23 match again. 4km is the best for 128
^^^THIS

For those of you who know nothing about the Military, a COMPANY is around 100-120 men.

One team is HALF of a company. Leave the 4km maps alone, and don't add too many new vehicles.

Most of the noobs who I saw playing have no idea what they are doing anyway. When they die, don't let them all take a tank or a jet with them. That's just bleeds WAY too many tickets.

Encourage the noobs to master the shovel. They need to learn how to attack and HOLD flags.

Vehicles only encourage the noob to roam. They need to focus.

-------- =]H[= StiffyMagnum --------

-------- How much gun are YOU packing? --------
Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test