project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #501
Dev1200

Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post

Able to reach 128 players.

8 man squads
http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18-...ggestions.html

Squad Size 8 men increase
64 Player Limit

Problem, Dev team?

Btw, Auto deploy can only have 2 numbers So can't auto deploy D:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Dev1200; 01-27-2011 at 02:00 PM..
Old 01-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #502
Mellanbror

What we are seeing is same as on other servers only dubbled by numbers and trippled by excitement.

Core-issue is players seeing it as the game is about them. They behave as it was a singelplayergame with bots. MY jet, MY sniper, MY jeep....what? waiting and defending a flag, thats no fun for ME, I want to rush and attack!...if I die I just respawn and rush again.

Players should start viewing tickets as team-asset thats not to be wasted. I don't put this on the less skilled but the reckless.

Annoys me when players think that their own wills outweigh that of 63 ( well now 128 ) other players.
I choose to play on a server where likeminded people play, server has rules. I follow them, the others follow them. Then comes the bad apples, the guys that don't like the rules or think that because they are elite (and they so rarely are ) they can do as they please.

A guy wrote in this thread about how people should not be so serious...well who are you to join a server where everyone, by joining, agrees to be serious. You join a server you agree to the rules. You don't like it?
Choose another server.

That goes for all players on all servers. Be respectful for the bigger mass, the game is not about you, it's about a team. Your personal joy can destroy a whole teams joy. Not fair, not mature.

Final note: Common sense when playing AAS gives that squads overlap in caporder. Your quad takes a flag, you defend it. When next is capped you overlap towards second cap. That way no squad is just stuck defending flag after flag. Lets share the fun and the burdens
Disclaimer on overlap: If you agree with other squads on other ways to operate then pls do it. =)

Peace
Last edited by Mellanbror; 01-27-2011 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: smileyproblem
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #503
supahpingi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellanbror View Post
What we are seeing is same as on other servers only dubbled by numbers and trippled by excitement.

Core-issue is players seeing it as the game is about them. They behave as it was a singelplayergame with bots. MY jet, MY sniper, MY jeep....what? waiting and defending a flag, thats no fun for ME, I want to rush and attack!...if I die I just respawn and rush again.

Players should start viewing tickets as team-asset thats not to be wasted. I don't put this on the less skilled but the reckless.
It would indeed be nice if tema could find a workaround for hardcoded players.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM   #504
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Lets not be all doom and gloom peeps, can't expect a 128 test server to go up and gameplay to be the best ever, alot of the best players are still playing on their 64 servers etc playing the way they want to play according to that server's preference. I'm playing on TG and PRTA, because I know the admins, I know the rules they expect everyone to live by and so does everyone else who joins that server. 128 appears, people from vastly disparate rule preferences join, problems ensue. The point is just to find out how technically viable 128 is, have fun, play PR the way its meant to be played if you can, but don't get frustrated; you are taking part in a open beta basically which is always fraught with problems.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #505
EvilWaffles
Supporting Member

I wouldn't be so quick to condemn it, we are all just too giddy to act 1337 tactical yet.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:16 PM   #506
HARRISON1973
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to HARRISON1973 Send a message via Skype™ to HARRISON1973

Issue found???

Not all teammates names show up when you're near them or aim at them. I had a few TKs this way...

Is this known? Sorry, didn't read through the wall of text, on me lunch break with limited time.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #507
hyraclyon

I just had a great round of Kashan with lots of teamwork actually. When all the smacktards are gone 128 players is absolutely superb. Tracers, mortars, tank shells etc flying everywhere. Just awesome.

"Pride is the mask we make of our faults..."
Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #508
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Yes, Harrison, it's known. Very well known by now actually .

Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #509
WhatMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
Yes, Harrison, it's known. Very well known by now actually .
That's the only issue so far, correct?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #510
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

I think so, yes.

Btw, is someone streaming by any chance? Can't join the server atm, but don't want to miss out

Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test