project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #491
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire(CH) View Post
So plz if you play on the server follow the rules and try to keep the chat clean its way more important in a 128 player server. It may be a testing server but that does not mean it does not have any rules you have to take serious.
QFT!

You might want to put that in the welcome message of AD Announcer. You can set that up in ad_framework_settings.py. Every player that spawns for the first time will be displayed the welcome message in a PM (only he will see this).

And on top of that, perhaps add some automessages about this, if you haven't done so already.

Hope it helps to reduce chatspam and get people to follow the rules a bit more.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #492
ma21212
Supporting Member

Why not just make it passworded, and have the pw on this first page in this topic under the rules.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #493
Stealthgato

You appear to think people talking is an endless stream of chat. It isn't. Occasionally 3 people type a couple of lines and theres a ton of !w spam after. I would understand if it was a horrible spam, but it's not.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #494
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
You appear to think people talking is an endless stream of chat. It isn't. Occasionally 3 people type a couple of lines and theres a ton of !w spam after. I would understand if it was a horrible spam, but it's not.
Just follow the rules and don't use chat where possible.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Old 01-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #495
Stealthgato

Okay, sorry for being rude. I just got mad because I waited for half an hour to get into the server then 15 minutes after being quiet all the time I typed one line of chat and got kicked.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #496
Hellfire(CH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
belive me if you dont stop the spamtopics after 3 messages alot of other people will start talking about the same thing. I could observe this all day. I warned 4 or 5 times before I started kicking then it was suddenly quiet on the server
Old 01-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #497
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire(CH) View Post
belive me if you dont stop the spamtopics after 3 messages alot of other people will start talking about the same thing. I could observe this all day. I warned 4 or 5 times before I started kicking then it was suddenly quiet on the server
way to go... kids only learn if they cant play anymore

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #498
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

A person is clever and people are stupid I guess.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #499
Tannhauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
some maps just might have to go tho, take for example muttrah... awesme map. between south and north city you have a physical front line of what... 500m from hills to waterline? stick 128 people on that front line and you have a cluster fuck how ever you arrange the flags.
As much as it COULD be a clusterfuck, I believe it's worth testing.
Not everyone is going to mass themselves in the center, smart squads will make a north east approach by air-sea.. Having people available to hold the frontline while others manoeuvre is something PR has lacked for a long time.

To suppose it would suck without testing is just being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma21212 View Post
Why not just make it passworded, and have the pw on this first page in this topic under the rules.
If you do that, there's less chance of testing the server 'full house' and detect potential tech/gameplay issues.

«Hollywood jackasses who insist on spending seriously huge amounts of money to make films that even my cat won't watch. And he'll happily sit in the bathroom and watch me shit.»
- [R-DEV]Masaq
Old 01-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #500
hiberNative

which maps have been working in the rotation except kashan, wanda shan and silent eagle (played those fine yesterday)?

-
Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test