project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #481
Dunehunter
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dunehunter
Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Post
It's working pretty good, too bad the admins at NEW have anger management issues (or at least that Hell something guy does) and spam warnings all the time and kick when you say a line to someone in chat. People are playing the game to have fun, not to make it their lives and be super srs bizniss about it and stay quiet all the time. Learn to enjoy the game and not live for it.
This is a test, ffs. If you want to play PR as usual, play on one of the other servers. If you want to contribute to the testing done on the NEW server, follow the rules.

The point of this is not to let people play games with 128 people, but to do testing. Follow the bloody rules.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #482
Arquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I wouldn't like to be a NEW admin atm.

Loads of excited nationalities and languages, VOIP half working, less than 50% on mumble, matrixesque chat spam, barely enough trans - oh god the mind boggles. Not a suprise players don't notice/understand !w so hardly a suprise they're getting tough.

All that and trying to test out issues good luck guys!

I wonder if gradual patched increases would be any easier once testing has advanced? Stage 1 40 V 40, 2 50 V 50 and so on to stop when it feels right?

After watching DB's play films and assuming the majority of the DEV's want to play like that I'm more than happy to trust em.
100 vs 100 would be nice. =)

I understand that people are excited and spam, but it's only 4 lines of chat. Hellfire has endured that shit for hours now. It's not easy task, althought its kinda contradicting that admins constantly say that it's a stresstest, not gameplay test and yet they keep kicking people for talking because it obscures tactics. Interesting.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #483
Alselius

I've been trying to join the server for about 4 hours now, still no success. Might there be a crash anytime soon?
Anyway, great job DEVs and Tema. Watched a live stream yesterday night and it was amazing, can't wait to get ingame.

"I suggest we sticky Urban's response in size 72 font, bold, italics, and underlined with a medium drop shadow."
Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #484
X-Link

Quote:
It's working pretty good, too bad the admins at NEW have anger management issues (or at least that Hell something guy does) and spam warnings all the time and kick when you say a line to someone in chat. People are playing the game to have fun, not to make it their lives and be super srs bizniss about it and stay quiet all the time. Learn to enjoy the game and not live for it.
Read the first post.

Do not useless spam the chat, so you can see info from server admins\devs.

It`s a test and the people working on the server need to communicate.

If 128 players spam the chat that`s a little bit difficult isn`t it?

Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #485
Limeni[BiH]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arquin View Post
100 vs 100 would be nice. =)

I understand that people are excited and spam, but it's only 4 lines of chat. Hellfire has endured that shit for hours now. It's not easy task, althought its kinda contradicting that admins constantly say that it's a stresstest, not gameplay test and yet they keep kicking people for talking because it obscures tactics. Interesting.
that's why everyone should get on mumble.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:59 PM   #486
Web_cole
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

From what I've seen the amount of spam 128 players can generate would appear to justify a "No All Chat" rule. It was seriously beginning to get on my nerves at one point last night.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #487
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Yeah, with 128 players, it's better to make way more use of team and squad chat.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #488
Daishi2442

Is the server down? I know it says it has players in the game, but whenever I join it I lose connection before it finishes loading.

Semper Fi, Marines.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:06 PM   #489
Hellfire(CH)

Quote:
Try to manage a server with 128 players and 2 admins thats not that funny as you may think. I did warn the players multiple times though to stop spaming around with stuff like nextmap or complains about laag. if every single of the 128 players writes something every 5 minutess you will not be able to read anything and your eyes will most likely burn out due to the speed of the chat. So at one point you have to start kicking people to show that you also have to follow this rule. Additionally we had alot of problems with admintools. At one point we were not able to kick or ban players which had an ID over 64 therefore it was pure chaose due to some teamkillers and massive chatchannel overload etc (btw we have fixed that issue).

So plz if you play on the server follow the rules and try to keep the chat clean its way more important in a 128 player server. It may be a testing server but that does not mean it does not have any rules you have to take serious.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #490
Alselius

Same here

"I suggest we sticky Urban's response in size 72 font, bold, italics, and underlined with a medium drop shadow."
Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test