project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
14 Dec 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM   #461
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

kinda like real world then huh gazz....lol

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #462
Mellanbror

I'm for the removal of tags, will improve players situational awareness. It will also get the effect of players confirming targets before shooting. That plus the tags sometimes obstructs another players view.

However, there is a problem in all this. Nothing racist here, but all PR players look alike
You can not tell one squads medic from anothers etc.

I wonder if it is possible for squadmembers to be marked, lets say a red ribbon tied around an arm?.
Beforing bashing me on IRL soldiers not using ribbons...contemplate this; IRL soldiers know each others voices, their looks (faces, height, weight), the way the move etc. Something we can't put in a game.

Played a few rounds today. Awesome in some ways, caos often. From time to time I had some good people in squad, who even with voip not working could perform well. Big ups to you.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #463
Knightrider
Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
People making suggestions ie. 64km^2 maps, double flags, double frontlines, double assets. You realize that if you divide all those doubles by 2, you get 16km^2 maps, single frontline, normal assets and 64 players. This is like modifying a car with putting powerful engine in, but then making it heavy as hell so it preforms the same as before... So you are welcome to join any other server apart from NEW because those run the exact scenario you are describing.

IMO the point of bringing more players to the field is to increase infantry and special squads like transport and logistics.

P.S. About tags, they might not look realistic but in real life you have face recognition and such... its similar to markers, though i agree that they shouldnt be shown at distances, so you have to check the map.
Completely agree.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #464
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
kinda like real world then huh gazz....lol

Maybe, but also hella spammy with no room for moment and counter productive to pr gameplay

Old 01-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #465
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerCC View Post
I only hope they will stay with there Core feature of the Mod: Teamwork/Tactics/Realism
and not with the action to get more mainstream Gamers.
I don't think the Dev team cares very much what the public wants. I've read a few times that they are creating the MOD that they want.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
Old 01-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #466
crot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeros View Post
increase in transport vechiles' slots or double the number of them. Don't know what is easier.

What I liked though are the 12 men squads. the SL now can have both riflemen with ammo and the support weapons he needs to keep his squad in the field longer with out need of resupply and with a decent firepower.

Fighting vechiles/assets/choppers should be increased by 25-40%, Logistics by 20% and Trasnport my 70%. After all the main force is the infantry right?

An Increase on the Number of FOBs could be useful for the 4km maps by 1 or 2 + some deployable assets should increase too. More HMGs will be needed, 1 more TOW for sure, 1or 2 mortars would be an awesome addition BUT they should be able to be built in 2 different spots in order to be able to cover more area.

Infantry and special kits should be doubled in the pool but the squad limitations must remain the same.
I also noticed that rounds on huge maps like Kashan end much faster than usual with 128 players on. Maybe I didnt notice but shouldn't the tickets be increased proportionally?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #467
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Yes, that has been noted already. We're currently focussing on stability, before changing anything else. Remember this is a test.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #468
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to ChallengerCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
Maybe, but also hella spammy with no room for moment and counter productive to pr gameplay
Thumb up !
Moments of resting and silence is necessary. Also moving long distances and high spawn rates increases the value of units and firefights are more exessive and you get more adrenalin. Because no one wants to die. Thats the problem with Firebases if you have one in near you think ok if i die i spawn in the near and you play a mutch more action stile gameplay.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 PM   #469
ZephyrDark

SO has anyone thought of running Matrox's fun maps with the 128 player server?

|TG-31st|Blackpython

Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #470
Nebsif
Supporting Member

Finally, finally APCs are used for transport cuz there arent enough trucks to dump all over the map!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test