project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #141
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR 128 Player Server Test - Official

so with only inf there were no crashes?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #142
[R-DEV]AncientMan
PR:BF2 Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

We're pretty well aware of all the issues that are going to come up with increased player limit and increase squad size limit, this by no means will be a simple implementation, and a lot of the mod will have to be changed to account for it.

Also, this will not be a replacement for 64 player servers, there will be a lot of servers, and players, that won't be able to play with the higher player count, so don't worry, the option for 64 player servers won't suddenly disappear.

Anyway, Tema567 is working on fixing some stuff, hopefully we should be able to get vehicles happening soon . This guy is a legend, make sure you let him know it .

Old 01-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #143
Arquin

Quote:
Originally Posted by illidur View Post
most kills by pipebomb ever.
I laughed. So hard.

Test was fun, 128 player skirmishes are everything i could wish from PR

Performance wise, i can report that i didn't experience any drop in FPS due to increased players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
We're pretty well aware of all the issues that are going to come up with increased player limit and increase squad size limit, this by no means will be a simple implementation, and a lot of the mod will have to be changed to account for it.

Also, this will not be a replacement for 64 player servers, there will be a lot of servers, and players, that won't be able to play with the higher player count, so don't worry, the option for 64 player servers won't suddenly disappear.

Anyway, Tema567 is working on fixing some stuff, hopefully we should be able to get vehicles happening soon . This guy is a legend, make sure you let him know it .
/Heil Tema567. He sounds like a new future deity due to this.

I wonder if he can do more... Fastropez? Who knows. This is like breaking the Light Barrier.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #144
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

First off, a hearty well done to Tema!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
Yeah but with much harsher solider lods it definitely has potential.

Any word on the bandwidth increase? Probably was not a huge consideration when they were writing the netcode for bf2 but I am sure it would be pretty dam hefty with 128.
Weapons are much heavier in terms of tris than the soldier models. A G36 Geo 1 lod 0 is ~5600 tris, player model Geo 1 lod 0 is ~3200 tris.

Bandwidth certainly increases a great deal, but it didn't seem like the NEW server was having much of an issue. Moar testing

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 PM   #145
Elektro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
I guess its official now

When PR2 becomes game of the year this will be in the history part of the wiki page

Old 01-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #146
samthegreat4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSparky123 View Post
On Kashan desert i had 50 fps with 128 players wherever i look but on the village map (germans vs russians) when i look at the center where the pew pew is my fps drops to 15... the ping is great anyways.
Same here: Ping = 20; FPS on Silent Eagle was 15-30..

Herbiie
''I never have had to wait for deviation, all you have to do is fire from the hip alot screaming like a girl like I do and you'll be fine.''

Some comment on IDF movie
''Key words: two dead terrorists. End of story. High fuckin 5.''
Old 01-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #147
John-117

So are you able to play a full game etc?

Proud Member of [
]

thanks rampo93
Old 01-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #148
X-Link

It?s like the moment the sound barrier was broken.

A milestone for PR and the BF2 community.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:19 PM   #149
Ghost1800

Now if they could only alter vehicles to support more then 8 people... hell, squads with more then 6 would be great too.

"Every time there is any flying vehicle on a map, most people turn retarded." - SJT

"jesus christ thats not a
thats an essay with a picture attached lol" - unrealalex
Old 01-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #150
AquaticPenguin

Seems like good progress, I hope the various bugs can be ironed out. I was very excited to hear it was successful though. Well done to Tema for being awesome!

I suppose any performance issues that were there before are going to be much more pronounced with twice as many players, way to test the engine to its limits.
Closed Thread

Tags
128, official, player, server, test