project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Beflar
Default Does anyone here use those 5.1 or 7.1 headset?

Many question since I'm going shopping tomorrow? Answer any questions you want ignore the ones you want also

Does anyone here use those 5.1 or 7.1 headset? Are they any better then normal headsets? Do you guys use the USB soundcard? Straight from the motherboard? Or soundcard? Cause I don't have a soundcard... How do the 5.1 or 7.1 work? Multiple speakers postioned different in the earpiece?

Any thoughts on the matter. What is a good one to get, best one?
Beflar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Nixy23

Default Re: Does anyone here use those 5.1 or 7.1 headset?

I started using the Logitech G35 4 days ago. It's a 7.1 surround headset and I'm -LOVING- it. It is very, very accurate on positioning locations by sound, and the quality is amazing.

I use the standard USB connection that comes with it, seeing as my onboard soundcard has died. All that was needed was some software, and it works like a charm.

As far as I know, it has multiple tiny speakers in each earcup. The software directs the sound to the different speakers, creating a virtual 7.1 surround experience.
Last edited by Nixy23; 12-25-2010 at 11:25 PM..
Old 12-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

I've got the Logitech G35, which is an awesome headset. It's a 7.1, which gives great surround sound. I have actually never tried any other headset for sure. Before I got this one, I used one of those KOSS music headsets, which doesn't really give you the perfect gaming experience.
What I did was simply plug in the USB into my computer. That's it. I dont know if I have a soundcard, but at least it worked.

I can really recommend this headset, because of the amazing sound, the comfort, all the buttons, etc.
This headset does also offer some awesome voice morphing.
It costs about 200 Canadian dollars.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Nice one Nixy. I guess I used to much time writing.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Nixy23

Ill just add to that:

I bought it for 99 euro's, which seems to be the regular price here in the Netherlands.

The voice morphing can be fun, but it gets boring after a while.

The comfort on these earmuffs is great also. They do fit very tight, but I don't have any problem wearing them and glasses at the same time. Longest I've been wearing them is about 10 hours, and I did not feel any need to take it off yet. Do keep in mind that they very much so reduce the noise from your imediate surroundings (a.k.a. no little sisters can be heard, whining about something unimportant, while you are shooting at the infidels!). There's three different leather padded headbands which you can switch, depending on the shape/size of your head.

The advertised G-buttons on the side are only very limited with their programming use. They have a select few macro's for a select few programs that can be run from them. Also, the volume switch on the side actually controls the entire systems volume, not the volume of the headset.
Nixy23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
mangeface
Supporting Member

Razer 7.1. Amazing, I can hear aircraft, vehicles, people, and falling bombs long before I see or experience them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-USMC, that is

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mangeface is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:18 AM   #7
saXoni
Banned
Supporting Member

Before I installed the content on the CD that came with the headset, I could actually control my music on Spotify with the G-buttons, but I can't do that any more.

Hmm, I guess we have said everything that needs to be said, Nixy.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:30 AM   #8
JAMTAM

I just cant wait to fix my mic
JAMTAM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #9
Doc.Pock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixy23 View Post
Ill just add to that:

I bought it for 99 euro's, which seems to be the regular price here in the Netherlands.

The voice morphing can be fun, but it gets boring after a while.

The comfort on these earmuffs is great also. They do fit very tight, but I don't have any problem wearing them and glasses at the same time. Longest I've been wearing them is about 10 hours, and I did not feel any need to take it off yet. Do keep in mind that they very much so reduce the noise from your imediate surroundings (a.k.a. no little bros can be heard, whining about something unimportant, while you are shooting at the infidels!). There's three different leather padded headbands which you can switch, depending on the shape/size of your head.

The advertised G-buttons on the side are only very limited with their programming use. They have a select few macro's for a select few programs that can be run from them. Also, the volume switch on the side actually controls the entire systems volume, not the volume of the headset.
i want them

[R-MOD]Spec: Actually, I did teamkill him last I remember... -on Rhino being a teamkiller.
=Romagnolo=: Becareful, it is addictive. -on me sig quoting.
Doc.Pock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #10
Tte.oteo

if u want to buy something really good...

SteelSeries – SteelSeries 5Hv2 USB

i have this headphones. Since 5 years playing PR this is one of the best i buyed.

Tte.oteo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
headset