project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #11
Wolfguard

Send a message via MSN to Wolfguard
Default Re: Does anyone here use those 5.1 or 7.1 headset?

Had the SteelSeries 5H for a couple or years, and I have really enjoyed them!

Now I just got the 7H version (7.1 virtual surround sound) as a Christmas present, which is awesome sauce! It has interchangeable ear-cushions for both hear-through cloth and noise dampening leather, the latter blocks out 95% of the outside noise. The headset itself delivers rich and detailed sound, and the actual design is very nice as well. It has a pull-out microphone and can be dismantled into 4 separate pieces.

SteelSeries 7H = thumbs up from me!

Opinions are like assholes - we all got 'em and they all stink!
Wolfguard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
Nixy23

Yup. My choice was between the 7H and the G35. Went for the G35 in the end because the microphone on the 7H recieved some bad criticism, since it can't really be positioned differently. Sometimes you'll need to be talking louder a bit because the mic isn't near your mouth or something. Otherwise it's a great headset too!
Nixy23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #13
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

the G35 is especially awesome when you turn EAX on, though i found playing with this a surround sound headset in mumble makes some of the nice ingame sounds disappear

also the g35 sometimes you cant hear people talking to you in voip when you join a game (usually when coupled with ventrilo) so you need to minimize the game and run a sound test in vent then everything works, that and sometimes you get crackling on bad quality or very high frequency bass sounds when your near a chopper in game on max volume and you have the surround on.

i love how the mic gets muted and unmuted as you lift it up and down, its actually very nice.

lol this is turning into how much i love the g35 thread never knew so much people actually used it given its rather high price

P.S. i got much better sound quality in Win7 than in vista for some reason.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun sure helps.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Nitneuc

I've not atm but I plan to buy one of thoses new Corsair HS1 headset to replace my cheap Plantronics.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
Zoddom

Send a message via ICQ to Zoddom

I bought a Plantronics Gamecom 577 (or 566, dunno how its called) Stereo headset ... not usb cause i have a creative soundcard. my question is if there are surround headset with normal 3,5mm plugs, cause usb headsets dont use the internal soundcard if im right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Zoddom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos Send a message via Skype™ to karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
I bought a Plantronics Gamecom 577 (or 566, dunno how its called) Stereo headset ... not usb cause i have a creative soundcard. my question is if there are surround headset with normal 3,5mm plugs, cause usb headsets dont use the internal soundcard if im right?
yep they dont.

alternately you can buy a converter to a 3.5

Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but the gun sure helps.
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
Tte.oteo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfguard View Post
Had the SteelSeries 5H for a couple or years, and I have really enjoyed them!

Now I just got the 7H version (7.1 virtual surround sound) as a Christmas present, which is awesome sauce! It has interchangeable ear-cushions for both hear-through cloth and noise dampening leather, the latter blocks out 95% of the outside noise. The headset itself delivers rich and detailed sound, and the actual design is very nice as well. It has a pull-out microphone and can be dismantled into 4 separate pieces.

SteelSeries 7H = thumbs up from me!
+1 Steelseries win

Tte.oteo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #18
Beflar

ok I bought the Steelseries 7H. What sound setting do you use to set it up? Do you use the usb sound card thing that come with it? All I have for sound is the mother board sound and a labtop sound, I use both to play. So no soundcards to speak of just the basics and the usb sound card it came with. So how do I know I;m getting the 7.1 features? What do I click to get it working
Beflar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 AM   #19
Oddsodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoddom View Post
Best I ever had was the Speedlink Medusa 5.1 non USB set. Had mine for 2 years before I dropped them. Best gaming headset going as long as you hook them up to a high end soundcard. BF2 was made to use high end sound cards and not onboard crap.

Censorship is Ugly
Oddsodz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:21 AM   #20
Jevski

I can only agree on the Medusa headset. I have the same combined with an X-fi card. The sound is amazing.
On smaller maps like Basrah and Fallujah, I can pinpoint cars and bikes down to an location within 50-100 meters anywhere on the map. The sound is that precise with X-fi and medusa.

Armour I can hear before anyone else in my sqd usually and can also pinpoint the direction perfectly across great distances.

Ive tried the "Virtual" Surround on ordinary headphones, and to be honest, that sucks compared to the Medusas.
Jevski is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
headset