project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 04:38 AM   #1
destiny
Default Just got BF2

Hey guys,

I've just installed BF2 and downloaded the PRDownloader 0.95, the problem is that the PRDownloader says I gotta have v1.5 to install PR, found a link to v1.5 and I'm downloading it at this moment but now it says that in order to install 1.5 I need to have 1.4.. is there a full patch somewhere?

I'm afraid that 1.4 will ask for 1.3 and so on.. is there a faster way to install PR? and can you provide me with a good link to 1.4 if there isn't a faster way? I just finished downloading 1.4 patch but it seems to not work.. probably a wrong link to some virus or something..

Perhaps is there a way to update the game from the game itself?

p.s.

After I'm done downloading, I need someone to help me get started in PR I got the mumble and everything set up already, just need to patch to 1.5 and download/install PR with that PRDownloader
destiny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:51 AM   #2
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Just got BF2

No, you 'only' have to install patch 1.41, then patch 1.5, then PR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight_o9

Welcome!

If you need help to get started, I think you'll find it here
And read the manual, it's really helpfull.
See you on the battlefield!
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 AM   #4
destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDnighT View Post
Welcome!

If you need help to get started, I think you'll find it here
And read the manual, it's really helpfull.
See you on the battlefield!
Seen it already, posted there as well, thanks anyway
Old 12-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #5
gazzthompson

Patches and Fixes: Battlefield 2 v1.41 Patch - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

bf2 1.41 > 1.5 patch > pr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #6
destiny

the patching is so slow! 8% in v1.41 and its been like 10 minutes already.. my PC is good except for the RAM, I've got only 1GB of RAM (2x Kingston 512Mb 667Mhz) I wanna buy more but I keep delaying it..
Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Midnight_o9

I'm pretty sure 1Gb of ram is too low for PR. It needs much more than vanilla BF2 to run.
And the patches are big so it takes time. I think it's normal.
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 AM   #8
destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiDnighT View Post
I'm pretty sure 1Gb of ram is too low for PR. It needs much more than vanilla BF2 to run.
And the patches are big so it takes time. I think it's normal.
it can handle PR, I can run any new game on highest settings and it runs smoothly, so PR shouldn't be a problem its weird tho..

anyway, just finishing patching 1.5 already, gonna launch the PRDownloader any second now

EDIT: just did should finish installing PR in about 15 minutes! can someone help me get started, we'll do a co-op mission or something
Old 12-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #9
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

PR wants a lot of RAM, more than most new games (which are console ports and optimized for the low-spec Xbox and PS3). If you have problems running it, another GB of RAM might fix it

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
Old 12-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #10
[R-DEV]AfterDune
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Thing is, BF2 only uses one core, because it can't handle more, so it's pretty stressful for a pc, even newer ones.

[R-DEV]AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, patches