project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
centralhigh76
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to centralhigh76 Send a message via Skype™ to centralhigh76
Default Media Team?

Hey guys,

I was thinking today after I watched the v0.95 Trailer (YouTube - Project Reality: BF2 Mod v0.95 Trailer - HD) is should PR Community have a media team. A group of people making videos and taking pictures of various things in PR. This would benefit the Mod with Publicity and just showing off how fricken awesome this mod is! Because after watching that trailer it just gets me wanting to play PR. Isn't that what the Mod would want more people wanting to play it? With PR:A and PR:V coming out we will want to get more people to join the community because there is going to be a little less players (Due to the 3 'Mods' instead of 1 - Another Topic).

In shortened terms, I think that we should have a 'Team' of 5-6 (more if we need to) people that make Videos and take Pictures for the mod.

We would need:

Videos:
Video Editor (Needs to know either Final Cut Pro or Sony Vegas or similar video editor)
Filmer (Fraps and Highest Graphic Settings for PR:BF2) (and later PR:ARMA2 and PR:V)
4-5 Actors (Be able to take and listen to orders) (# will vary depending on shot)

Pictures
Photo Editor (Needs to know Photoshop or similar)
Photographer (Fraps and Highest Graphic Settings for PR:BF2) (and later PR:ARMA2 and PR:V)
4-5 Actors (Be able to take and listen to orders) (# will vary depending on shot)

So what do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
centralhigh76 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
AnimalMother.

Default Re: Media Team?

why not just start recording games like db does and post them everywhere?

show people a 'what you get in the tin' video, without after effects etc

|TG-31st|

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
guru951

The only way I see this as being possible is that a team of dudes gets together, makes a load of very HQ videos and presents the idea to the team via email. than you may stand a chance, but for the dudes who have made the past trailers, I doubt they will give up that task easily. What video editor wouldn't want to be the one making the trailers? ALL OF US!
guru951 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
centralhigh76
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to centralhigh76 Send a message via Skype™ to centralhigh76

You don't get the same feeling as if you were to have ex the 3rd person view with prbot or the 'Dressed up/Formal' look witch would be the point of this. Is to have similar to the trailers that the DEVs make to have that feel would be the point. What would you rather watch this YouTube - Project Reality .95 - Defending The FOB or this YouTube - Project Reality v0.9 Teaser [HD]

This is why I have this here is to form that group of guys. I never said anything about being the official media team of PR. I said community witch would be all people that play PR. I don't think it would be hard to do this you don't need that much. The people that have made the past trailers (PR Crew) no but they would continue to make the PR .xx Trailer. What this would be is Promos. And for the few that have made promos (Non Pr Crew) its hard to continue to make them because you need dedicated people and not that one guy you met in the =]H[= server. Clans could but some times its hard to get that group of people on task (I have ran a clan i have tried making a video with them in the past it gets very frustrating).

Last edited by centralhigh76; 12-15-2010 at 10:34 PM..
Old 12-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
HughJass

we had this going a couple of times but the groups mostly faded in to oblivion.

my suggestion: prove you are a good editor by making a couple of kick ass videos. you dont even need actors, just use battlerecorder with any pr match in it. through the videos advertise that you are looking for help looking for actors/writers/whatever and go on from there.

its the only way to build a solid community of this fashion. just gotta get people motivated and organized.

good luck

HughJass is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
whatshisname55

I'd certainly sign up for image editor. I've tried to show my work but mostly my posts in the Photoshop threads seem to go unnoticed. The most publicity I've gotten is through Johncro and goguapsy.
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
[R-DEV]Sniperdog
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

What it really comes down to is time and dedication.

When we filmed the .95 trailer we were doing that on top of all the other jobs we had to do on the team for the actual release but we put in the time and in the end got a nice vid.

Its good of you to show the interest, the biggest task you will have is getting a dedicated group of guys to work together, put in the necessary amount of time, and stay focused while filming. Try to draw up a plan and do things methodically whenever possible.

All in all many people have done things like this before with varying success and there is definitely no reason you cant make something that is on par with the official PR videos, we are only human after all

As far as an "official media team" I can assure you though that the PR team doesn't just jump on ideas like this and try to convince people to get something done, rather we let people try to get things rolling, and if they do a good job and produce good work, it is not unheard of that we invite them onto the team in an official capacity (eg the single player team and the community factions).

// how well do you know your order of operations?..........

return in_ == out_->end ? (++out_, *out_--->begin) : *in_;
Last edited by [R-DEV]Sniperdog; 12-16-2010 at 12:28 AM..
Old 12-16-2010, 01:43 AM   #8
Magoodigan

I would be happy to edit any video.
I am pretty familiar with Sony Vegas.

Sounds like a cool idea.
Magoodigan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
[R-DEV]dbzao
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Yep, like SniperDog said, just go and do it.

"There's always one more bug." - Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology
[R-DEV]dbzao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
Makikou

I'd love to volunteer for photographing with fraps, i can run BF2:PR all high and ARMA 2 OA too

Thanks to MaxFragg for sig template.
Makikou is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
media, picture, team, video