project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs
Default Acog M21 Marksman kit

I really love this kit. It combines the closer range magnification of the Acog with the higher powered 7.62 round of the M21. Not to mention the fact that you can use it in deployed mode, which increases accuracy. I find this weapon better to use in a squad, its not like an 1337 sniper kit but more like a super M4. Although on larger maps, the standard scoped M21 may prove more useful. I have had good luck with this weapon on maps like Ramiel and Kokan, that generally have shorter engagement ranges.

Ive noticed alot of people on the servers werent even aware of this varient of the M21. Almost every time Ive used it on a server someone asks me how to get it. You get it by going to crate and right-clicking on marksman kit. The way you used to get an iron sight M21 before .95 so I guess they must have gotten rid of the iron sight version. Did anyone even use that one?

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: Acog M21 Marksman kit

Quite a few used the ironsights one but it was effectively useless since people tend to favor taking people down at longer ranges, plus the actual sights on it were pretty crap.

The ACOG rapes, I got 2 head-shots in a row with it once, problem is its not used that often.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #3
charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Quite a few used the ironsights one but it was effectively useless since people tend to favor taking people down at longer ranges, plus the actual sights on it were pretty crap.

The ACOG rapes, I got 2 head-shots in a row with it once, problem is its not used that often.
Thats not a problem, that means I can always get it when I request it! lol. Maybe I shouldnt have made a thread about it...

'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #4
[R-DEV]Chuc
PR:BF2 Developer

Send a message via MSN to [R-DEV]Chuc Send a message via Skype™ to [R-DEV]Chuc

Good to hear my little experiment worked

Protip - Every marksman kit has an alternative.. try them out.

Personal Folio -
[R-DEV]Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #5
Dev1200

Ironsight/Low-Power Marksman kits are the way to go

Dev1200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:55 AM   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
Good to hear my little experiment worked

Protip - Every marksman kit has an alternative.. try them out.
I know that there is evidence of dovetail M1913 rail attachments on the PKP, but what about the SVDM? Just thinking of a more realistic alternative to the ironsights SVD for Russians.

Also G3 Marksman for Taliban = , to my knowledge there is ONE picture of a Taliban guy with a G3 with that type of scope, but it seems a tad unrealistic.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #7
charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
I know that there is evidence of dovetail M1913 rail attachments on the PKP, but what about the SVDM? Just thinking of a more realistic alternative to the ironsights SVD for Russians.

Also G3 Marksman for Taliban = , to my knowledge there is ONE picture of a Taliban guy with a G3 with that type of scope, but it seems a tad unrealistic.
I hear you. But remember, MEC is a fictional faction. Id say the closest real life armies to the MEC are the Pakistani Army and the Iranian Army. Maybe the Saudi Army. I know that the Pakistanis and the Iranians use G3s for assault rifles, but what do they use for Marksmen? I dont know. But from what I understand the Germans use a scoped G3s for their Marksmen, so I dont see it being too unrealistic for the MEC to use the same thing.

'
Old 12-05-2010, 03:35 AM   #8
Cossack112
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack112

It's one of the best kits ever.

Cossack112 is online now Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:30 AM   #9
XyNox

I loved the M21 IS. It had like no deviation at all meaning you could just spray in cqc and taking anything down in a split second.
XyNox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #10
TheOldBreed

Yeah I used to use the M14 with irons a hell of a lot. Now I've taken to the role of Automatic Rifleman
TheOldBreed is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
acog, kit, m21, marksman