project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #201
Cheiftain_UK

Default Re: Universal teamwork-oriented Player Tag "#"

Yeah well said BenHamish, on the less strict servers i will lonewolf sometimes as a sniper/recon if i get bored or just cba with teamwork. However i will still call out targets etc etc and do my role.

What is important is that we make sure that this tag doesnt become too widespread and is used by everyone, also there must be some way of policing this?

Maybe a thread where people who are "anti-teamwork" ie TK'ing etc ( i think lonewolf isnt anti teamwork aslong as you report spots to the team) can be reported and stuff. Although i cant see a way of getting them to remove # :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cheiftain_UK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #202
Cheiftain_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
All the other tagsters I've played with, including Cheiftain_UK, spawncpt, Pedz, Mats were all pretty cool.
Thanks i shall add a certain # Bill SL to this list

Old 03-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #203
goguapsy

^ lol thanks XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheiftain_UK View Post
Maybe a thread where people who are "anti-teamwork" ie TK'ing etc ( i think lonewolf isnt anti teamwork aslong as you report spots to the team) can be reported and stuff. Although i cant see a way of getting them to remove # :P
That actually isn't allowed through forum rules (you are basically flamming him, or saying stupid things about him with or without proof. Not allowed...)

In the end, I really think we can do nothing. No way to enforce non-tag use. In the end, in my opinion, it will be up to the player to decide whether he will trust a tagster or not.

Again, it is just a statement from the player, no guarantees, no obligations (read: the Mumble discussion). Everyone plays lonewolf once in a while. I do not encourage such behavior, but the beauty about human behavior is that you can never really know what is going on on someone else's mind....

Take an ENTP-type personality. He is sometimes so rushed that nobody understands what's he doing, but in the end he has built a robot that walks and speaks. Metaphorically speaking, of course

What I mean is, don't judge someone by his location, or an isolated post. I have seen many players I would despise because they openly argued with an admin, even after he was warned several times to stop. Turns out he was a great player, and what happened between him and whatever he was arguing about was really bulls***. Another bad habit I had was labeling people by the kit I saw them using... Having a sniper in an infantry squad normally meant fail player and fail SL. Turns out that, on the 128 players test, a sniper was simply fundamental to the defense of Objective Lima.

Again, don't label people without knowing what he is up to.

# is the player's statement that he can work in a team. You don't know why is he lonewolfing (maybe just steaming off?), maybe he was the sole survivor, and no way to rescue him (several times I, unfortunately, had to leave a guy behind until he died for gameplay reasons - I simply told them "go in, do the most damage you can, let me know when you die"), perhaps it was part of a plan, and maybe, just maybe, it was the SL's fault. Or possibly that guy read this entire thread and decided to add the tag to troll the tag users. Go figure why

Don't say you have seen # people who are not teamwork oriented until you actually know what is going on. If you know that for fact, then don't generalize (read: prejudice - blondes, moms, etc)

Once again, it is up to you: trust the tag if you want. If you don't, it's up to you...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Last edited by goguapsy; 03-07-2011 at 02:37 PM..
Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #204
Cheiftain_UK

^epic post.

Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #205
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Damn. No-one showed up for the # vs ]H[ event, but don't worry, the teams weren't stacked like I expected them to be.

Any other suggestions for similar events?

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #206
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doop-de-doo View Post
Damn. No-one showed up for the # vs ]H[ event, but don't worry, the teams weren't stacked like I expected them to be.

Any other suggestions for similar events?
Hehe, Sundays are a bloody bad time for me. Fridays are, sometimes, the only day I can play PR in the week

Part of the reason I didn't join a clan, couldn't go to skirmishes or trainings

Anyways, organizing an "event" such as this would require a little more advertising. Starting by having a conversation with the admins

Few people read this thread - talk about frequently... uh... frequenting it.

And I believe such event would be much easier/make much more sense if it was made between 2 regular organized teams... If you want to get # on the same side, I would really suggest, if you wanted to try this, get a squad... Not a team

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #207
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Yeah. It wasn't really supposed to be considered as a clan vs clan event, but rather a chance to get a few of us together on the same side and see what effect we would have on the team outcome, be it in a single squad or divided into several squads.

I'll call it in again -- maybe this Friday & Saturday nights (March 11th & 12th). If no-one has any ideas, I'll suggest meeting up on the TAR server. If you have other plans, don't sweat it. This is just for fun.

If you use mumble, get on it and maybe we can organize a multi-squad taskforce, or something.

If you have any suggestions for a different server, put it up here.

This is not an event. Treat it as a social gathering if you would.

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #208
goguapsy

^I normally can only play on Friday afternoons

But I'll hop in any populated server.

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #209
James_D.

I will use it, love the idea

Your round...

James_D. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #210
SheepCowPandaBear

what if i am an f-tard but decide to wear the tag anyway
SheepCowPandaBear is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fail idea, its in general, player, secret # cult, tag, teamworkoriented, universal, your # is showing