project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 AM   #11
NyteMyre

Default Re: Un-revivable Deaths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKurban View Post
Below is a link to a VERY VERY graphic image. Viewer discretion is advised.
Well, if even my bunny crushing girls link wasn't allowed, then bunny-hating Jigsaw won't allow this either.

-edit-
Really....a warning for unhelpful post?
I thought that this was clearly a suggestion to remove a link and that is NOT useless/unhelpful.
I'd like to appeal to this warning

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by NyteMyre; 12-02-2010 at 07:32 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 07:45 AM   #12
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post
My personal opinion is make headshots kill. It would encourage you to stay more in cover and fear the bullets
If anything I would stay out of cover instead of just poping my head out (more places for the enemy to hit instead of an insta-kill one-hit only-part-not-in-cover of the body, you know?

Also, suprisingly I read the posts but didn't see anyone posting this... When you get revived, it is supposed to represent a new soldier in the battlefield (like a bigger squad/platoon), "trying" to make 32 players seem like more.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
Tarranauha200

Cant you still kill downed guy if you drop incendiary grenade on then/rape their body whit heat?
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #14
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Cant you still kill downed guy if you drop incendiary grenade on then/rape their body whit heat?
In some cases, incendiaries work (but sometimes dropping it on the body will cause it to not ignite), so do frags. The only other way to kill a body outright is with a direct-impact tank shell, missile (TOW, HAT etc) or a .50 cal headshot (below)
Last edited by dtacs; 12-03-2010 at 05:49 AM..
Old 12-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #15
NyteMyre

Or a .50 call headshot iirc

NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #16
Psyko

i remember this.

the hitboxes as most of you well know are poop. they are very inaccurate and they drag behing the running target like a scarf in a gale force wind. thats why you might see people in vanilla targeting differently than to other games.

but, if i learned anything from previous versions its that, the head hitbox is way bigger. but the other side of the argument is, the ARs are terrifying now and everybody gets to cover (apart from the dumb kids) and also, the snipers arnt all they are cracked up to be and the 0.5 BF2 patch did tweak the hitboxes a bit. and lets face it, if there were headshots, the realism fans might use more clever cover.

Thanks for all the hard work PR team!
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #17
Zerostar11

God, headshots were bad back then and with the new ARs I can just see entire servers rage quitting.

There is a fine line between fun and realism, and this is right on the line.
Zerostar11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #18
PlaynCool

I liked it very much when every weapon killed you instantly when hit in the head. At first i didn't liked the change that came in 0.8 .Now i'm used to it.And AR's wont instantly hit runing targets 100m- away in the head plus PR is(was) for the hardcore players as i see it, as for ragequiting - meh another will join. I really dont care if headshots will be back or no.Pr's gameplay is great.

Forgive my bad English...
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #19
BenHamish

To be fair, run accross any AR's line of sight and you deserve to die.

The problem I have is that AR's can walk when 'emplaced' - several times people have done this at 50m and, presumably, headshotted me (or nuked me with several rounds..).

BenHamish is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deaths, unrevivable