project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 02:18 AM   #71
Redamare
Supporting Member

Default Re: Things you would like to see back in pr.

the ability to use enemy specialty kits . . . . its annoying why shouldnt i beable to use the enemy kit ???

The old GBR armored transport truck that used to be on ghost train . . i think that specdefensecontractors are going to use it which is nice .

and . . . . i think thats it mostly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:27 AM   #72
QUINT

Exclamation Re: Things you would like to see back in pr.

I can't believe I only saw 2 people that said the EXTRACTION game mode.

Then again, I remember it from only the first few versions...so many people simply do not know about it.

Extraction was where you had to extract a VIP, from an area, in a black SUV, along a road with checkpoints.
Some maps didn't work so well, while others it was a lot of fun! There were no real instructions either, so may people that came in, didn't know how to play, and would screw it up, or just leave.
I still think that game mode, has a TON of potential!!!!

So I say you bring back:
EXTRACTION!!!

Thanks!

~Q~

Your Signature was Deemed offensive and has been removed.
QUINT is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 AM   #73
Truism

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUINT View Post
I can't believe I only saw 2 people that said the EXTRACTION game mode.

Then again, I remember it from only the first few versions...so many people simply do not know about it.

Extraction was where you had to extract a VIP, from an area, in a black SUV, along a road with checkpoints.
Some maps didn't work so well, while others it was a lot of fun! There were no real instructions either, so may people that came in, didn't know how to play, and would screw it up, or just leave.
I still think that game mode, has a TON of potential!!!!

So I say you bring back:
EXTRACTION!!!

Thanks!

~Q~
There aren't many of the early players still around. Surely you've seen the ragequit threads over the years...

I want to see Counter-Attack mode back in on maps that work for it... Like Zatar...

SSGTSEAL <headshot M4> Osama

Counter-Terrorists Win!
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #74
Rico11b

OMG!!!

Seriously, someone asked "what would you like to see back in PR".

Well, First and foremost I'd like to see "REALITY" put back in PR. I mean after all it is part of the mods name. But that would take someone with "real" knowledge instead of relying on Wikipedia. It seems that the mod is getting less "real" with every release. If you do have "advisers", either you aren't listening to them or they don't know what they are talking about. Not sure which one.

Ya know it's funny how a few Devs are "tailoring" the game to suit them instead of making it realistic and letting the game and weapons balance themselves. An example would be that now you can't kill a brit and take his HAT, because one Dev is tired of getting pwned by insurgents. Not being able to use the enemies kits is about as unrealistic as it gets.

Also I'd like to see the SPR return the game. But I guess it's not needed since you can pixel shoot anyone with any rifle in game. Nice "reality" there kido. What ever happened to "tactics" and teamwork to take an objective?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is what should be expected from a "real" M-16, when fired by an "expert" shooter! This applies to "expert" only. However, someone that can only qualify basic "marksman" by hitting 23 out of 40 targets will NOT shoot this well! Period!!!
Rico11b is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #75
ma21212
Supporting Member

PP-19 Bizon was badass, had a very nice sound too.

ma21212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #76
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
the ability to use enemy specialty kits . . . . its annoying why shouldnt i beable to use the enemy kit ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico11b View Post
OMG!!!

Seriously, someone asked "what would you like to see back in PR".

Well, First and foremost I'd like to see "REALITY" put back in PR. I mean after all it is part of the mods name. But that would take someone with "real" knowledge instead of relying on Wikipedia. It seems that the mod is getting less "real" with every release. If you do have "advisers", either you aren't listening to them or they don't know what they are talking about. Not sure which one.

Ya know it's funny how a few Devs are "tailoring" the game to suit them instead of making it realistic and letting the game and weapons balance themselves. An example would be that now you can't kill a brit and take his HAT, because one Dev is tired of getting pwned by insurgents. Not being able to use the enemies kits is about as unrealistic as it gets.

Also I'd like to see the SPR return the game. But I guess it's not needed since you can pixel shoot anyone with any rifle in game. Nice "reality" there kido. What ever happened to "tactics" and teamwork to take an objective?
My opinion

Im only assuming here, but im guessing its "all or nothing". As far as i know in BF2 you cant pick up individual weapons from kits, you cant have deviation suddenly made worst because you picked up a weapon your soldier isn't familiar with , and you cant have it so you restrict where people can reload (ie an US HAT at an INS cache).

All of these made the old system ("all") unrealistic. And of course the new system is unrealistic as well, as ideally you could pick up these kits but not reload them at your teams ammo sources and not be proficient in their use, but as far as i know these are not possible to implement .

So both the new and the old system is unrealistic. So it comes down to gameplay, which is best for gameplay ? arguably the new system. Especially on the insurgency where in the old versions after about 30 mins your basically playing another conventional team due to all the pick up kits.

Dev reasoning:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196...ml#post1462396

I also find it ironic that you say all this stuff about "realism" even though the old system is unrealistic and then you suggest the implementation of a weapon that (as far as i know, please correct me) that is exclusively used by US special operations forces ?

Source:
MK12 Sniper Rifle / Special Purpose Receiver (SPR)

Quote:
What ever happened to "tactics" and teamwork to take an objective?
Still present.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #77
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
I also find it ironic that you say all this stuff about "realism" even though the old system is unrealistic and then you suggest the implementation of a weapon that (as far as i know, please correct me) that is exclusively used by US special operations forces ?

Source:
MK12 Sniper Rifle / Special Purpose Receiver (SPR)
The Marines started using the Mk-12 as a line infantry DMR about three years ago in the rifle companies and now also the Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAV) companies; sources vary on whether the DMs are at the company, platoon and/or squad level.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM   #78
Q2M100

V-22 and Harrier just for fun on a training map.

BATTLE US!:

Q2M100 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #79
Target_Practice_117

being able to dig the compound doors closed again. nothing worse than when your cache spawns on a pre raped compound. I feel so insecure :P

And tardless servers.... the PR community is changing for thew worse im afraid.

TEAMPLAY!!!! kill counts don't matter. everyone is out for themselves. So return that damn logistics truck when your done with it!
Target_Practice_117 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #80
Delfer

Everybody uses biased, narrow minded examples when they flame not being able to pick up enemy kits, it's great...

I want OGT and 7 gates back.
Delfer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
back, things