project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Nov 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Nugiman

Default Re: Would you be willing to do stuff you consider boring every 25 rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Logistics/Build has got to be the most "boring" job. Or trans. Any stuff like that.
Wrong!
(Heli) Trans is one of the most exciting things in PR for me. Only attack choppers are more fun (sure i also like playing as infantry, but if there is the abillity for me to fly a transport huey i always prefer this!)
dont know why, but flying people around is the most fun factor for me!
maybe because I always loved flying in all battlefield games

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #12
Kain888
Supporting Member

Default Re: Would you be willing to do stuff you consider boring every 25 rounds

I don't consider anything that you wrote boring. Even driving troops with truck is fun for me.

The only thing boring for me is when you steamroll enemy because of bad team or bad balance of map. Like sitting in the tank on Karbala and camp everything, quite not rewarding.
Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
Nebsif
Supporting Member

I'd do anything if its really needed except anti air stuff which are incredibly boring, random and un-rewarding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Nebsif is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #14
charliegrs

Send a message via AIM to charliegrs Send a message via Yahoo to charliegrs

Im in a weird position where whenever my roommates are home, using up all the bandwidth, the only things I can really do in PR are the "boring" jobs (there not boring to me) manning mortars, trans squads (not with choppers with my ping) or any other non-frontline combat type role. When my roommates arent home, thats when PR runs smooth as silk and I can be a rifleman.

Also another thing I love to do when my ping is high, I love to go insurgent/taliban and place an IED on a well travelled road and then hide out of sight and watch the IED for when something drives over it. Sometimes, this can take a while. Sometimes not so much depending on where you put the IED. With a stratospheric ping I can still rack up some kills this way.

known in-game as BOOMSNAPP
'
charliegrs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #15
Cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman51 View Post
This question really cant be answered because it really depends on the map your doing and how your team is, and why every 25th round? why not every 7th? or something smaller?
On a full server there are 30-34 players per side. If every player would command every 25th round, or 24th or 27th when at the 25th and 26th round somebody else took up the job, then no round would go without a commander.

If some players command every 7th round then we would have a small pool of players who command and a lot of players who have somebody else doing the boring stuff for them, which is fine, if there would be enough players around who like commanding.

|TG|cap_Kilgore

Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #16
Cossack112
PR:BF2 Deputy Test Lead
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cossack112

The CO need more options over the SL's so he could make the power over the squads. And yes, the CO must be very good and I every time follow the CO orders.

Cossack112 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
boring, rounds, stuff