project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Dec 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 01:50 PM   #61
Idiosincrasia
Default Re: Why do people dislike 4km maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
lolz...

And right now I count 27 servers with players in them

Idiosincrasia, please can you stop being a troll?
Very god mate, you learn to account numbers in sesame street? I think in new chapter they are in number 48, dont lose the lesson! I know that my English grammar sucks a lot, but is easy to understand me I think. Version before is not this one, means before of this one... With the new version is 2 or 3 times more people playing because as I said now is more funny.

For you be troll it means just to say what people thinks? I am sorry but in XXI century i can say whatever I want if i respect the others, and you can think about me whatever you want. I gonna put you an example, you think that i am being troll, and i think that has 30.000 post!!!! like you have is has too much free time and looks sad hehehe

Is allways in this forum people waiting for put down to who said something agains the realism freak? Always when i come here is a mass of realism freaks pissing others.

Enjoy your vacation, please don't return - The Management
Last edited by BloodBane611; 11-02-2010 at 08:59 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #62
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiosincrasia View Post
People says, if you dont whant realism, go to COD, I say, you if want realism, go to Irak or Afganistan
Yours a common fallacy for people who don't understand that it's a game about simulating reality, not making reality an actuality. Along with canards like 'if you die you should uninstall' and 'join the army' it is mindless drivel and a sign that the perpetrator has surrendered any capacity for logical, reasoned thought.

--

4km maps would be much improved by adding more flags with a somewhat reasonable cap order as the 64 player limit makes it absolutely horrible to maneuver around the map from one corner to the next in order to simply reach your next objective. The distance between objectives is often so disproportionate in relation to the manpower and assets available that the game devolves into a horrible display of team wide incompetence unless a very competent CO is there to focus the team on a singular plan.

Make Norway OPFOR! NAO!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's your hamster Richard. It's your hamster in the box and it's not breathing.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #63
goguapsy

Quote:
I am sorry but in XXI century i can say whatever I want
Quote:
i. The forums are a privately funded, privately operated, unoffical, closed community forum. It is not an open public community forum where "free speech" is a right.
Section 6: Project Reality Rights.

BTW yes, Rhino misunderstood what you said... but you were wrong still, there were many servers running. Sure, less than the current, but still many. Specially in the late night.

Also, he's a DEV. He doesn't troll, he just "steams off", as a MOD defined it to me

-------
Quote:
A few less tanks would improve things I think.
I couldn't agree more. This walks hand-in-hand with what Fuzzhead said in the first page. Instead of forcing INF layout... why not limit the combined arms?

EDIT: About what someone said about using APCs as transportation in an environment like Kashan, I must say I disagree. What is the advantage of using an APC there? I mean, I would love a easy-controlable HMMVV over an APC any time there, simply because on both occasions you are dead with just 1 Armor Piercing round, or TOW.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Last edited by goguapsy; 11-02-2010 at 06:49 PM..
Old 11-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #64
Shaihuluid

Not enough action for players, I'd guess. If a lone squad gets wiped out after a ~10 minute trek by some tard in a tank, it's a pretty bland walk back. This happens pretty often, even when squads have assets to get closer to the action there's still plenty of downtime.

Not only that, but the density of squads in lessened. Practical restrictions on number of players active make it less likely to encounter heavy resistance. This can be fun because players have a better chance of holding their own because no backup is available, but it also can make for greater walking distances and less action.

Of course, assets are always there for use. But this can get irritating as well. Players can get forced into an APC squad due to the distance when they just want to fight it out as an infantryman. Since you can't really abandon assets in the field, you're stuck with the assets or having to abandon ship and go solo and try and hook up with another squad. Not really easy.

As already mentioned, the main consideration here is that players don't usually have large scale co-operation. Without this, 4k can really be a pain in a neck

----------------------------------------

This was your thread

This is your thread now
----------------------------------------
Celestial1: I shall call you "S:/" or "S drive".
Shaihuluid is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #65
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post

I couldn't agree more. This walks hand-in-hand with what Fuzzhead said in the first page. Instead of forcing INF layout... why not limit the combined arms?
Because that way there is something for more people, and more variation. Each server can decide what to set.. Like combined arms, go to appropriate server, think there are too many assets, try the alt of inf layers on the appropriate sever. If they aren?t run much its because either they aren?t as popular, or the server admins are not well informed enough.

Forcing the removal of many assets on the asset layer because the other versions aren?t played enough is not the way to go... The better way is to inform server admins more of the variations perhaps. I gather TG plays alot of alt layers because they are into that. Other servers may not because the prefer the combined arms ones.

"Today's forecast calls for 30mm HE rain with a slight chance of hellfires"

"oh, they're fire and forget all right...they're fired then they forget where the target is"
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #66
Idiosincrasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Section 6: Project Reality Rights. i. The forums are a privately funded, privately operated, unoffical, closed community forum. It is not an open public community forum where "free speech" is a right.
Fu**!!! Do you remember the rules from this forum.... actually... did you read them???
My last post in this fish discussion (I dont want to see my account with 3.000 or 30.000 post of this kind of discussion). Section 6 or 48 can rule whatever they want but I am free to say "ass", "arm" or "chair" if I want, and they are free to bann me forever from the forum also if they considerate that is agains the rules...

Too much free time... too much
Idiosincrasia is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #67
WelshManDan

Quote:
Section 6 or 48 can rule whatever they want but I am free to say "ass", "arm" or "chair" if I want, and they are free to bann me forever from the forum also if they considerate that is agains the rules...
Im gonna guess those words mean something else in Spain, as you just made yourself look like a jackass.

Quote:
Says a guy who has enough time to join a forum just to troll, and then flame people that are purely pointing out facts against you. Grow up kid.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #68
goguapsy

Quote:
Fu**!!! Do you remember the rules from this forum.... actually... did you read them???
My last post in this fish discussion (I dont want to see my account with 3.000 or 30.000 post of this kind of discussion). Section 6 or 48 can rule whatever they want but I am free to say "ass", "arm" or "chair" if I want, and they are free to bann me forever from the forum also if they considerate that is agains the rules...

Ok we gotta stop this now. Otherwise I'll have to notify a MOD

Also, yes, I read the rules. 1st because there are so few of them, 2nd because I've got infracted 3 times and banned once

Also, I took less than 30 seconds to type that thingy. Yes... too much free time

Quote:
I am free to say "ass", "arm" or "chair" if I want
That's not the point. What you can't do is call someone an ass, an arm or a chair, which I don't see the reason why would anyone do that in the first place :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex6714 View Post
Because that way there is something for more people, and more variation. Each server can decide what to set.. Like combined arms, go to appropriate server, think there are too many assets, try the alt of inf layers on the appropriate sever. If they aren?t run much its because either they aren?t as popular, or the server admins are not well informed enough.

Forcing the removal of many assets on the asset layer because the other versions aren?t played enough is not the way to go... The better way is to inform server admins more of the variations perhaps. I gather TG plays alot of alt layers because they are into that. Other servers may not because the prefer the combined arms ones.
Well, what I meant by decreasing the assets is like, instead of having what, 5 APCs and 6tanks on Kashan, just have a couple or 3 of both, respawnable after 10 or 20 minutes. That way, there would be less armor people, hopefully more infantry, and a bigger reward for destroying an enemy asset.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #69
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Very god mate, you learn to account numbers in sesame street? I think in new chapter they are in number 48, dont lose the lesson! I know that my English grammar sucks a lot, but is easy to understand me I think. Version before is not this one, means before of this one... With the new version is 2 or 3 times more people playing because as I said now is more funny.
Let me quote what you said.

Quote:
PR is death like with the version before, that never where more that 5 servers working at the same time
now like you said, your English and gamma sucks, but you said the word "like" there, so your saying both the new version and the old version are both the same.

And if we are talking about the old version, here is the version before it (note in the bottom left it says "PR v0.909"

I can tell you that we had far more than 5 servers running PR v0.909 all the way though until v0.95 was released, at least at peak time every day anyways, you can't expect anyone to play in the middle of the night (unless they are down under )

Quote:
For you be troll it means just to say what people thinks? I am sorry but in XXI century i can say whatever I want if i respect the others, and you can think about me whatever you want. I gonna put you an example, you think that i am being troll, and i think that has 30.000 post!!!! like you have is has too much free time and looks sad hehehe
Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Now lets see how this relates to your posts you have contributed to this forum, just in terms of "provoking other users into a desired emotional response".

Quote:
People says, if you dont whant realism, go to COD, I say, you if want realism, go to Irak or Afganistan
Quote:
but without normal people (not 100% reality freaks)
Quote:
Hahahaha yes yes yes yes, In fact Kashan desert, Iron Egle and Wanda San are the favourite map of the people hahahahah for that reason ALLWAYS ARE EMPTY!!
Quote:
i think that has 30.000 post!!!! like you have is has too much free time and looks sad hehehe
Quote:
Is allways in this forum people waiting for put down to who said something agains the realism freak? Always when i come here is a mass of realism freaks pissing others.
Quote:

Now the first three quotes where from your OP before I called you a troll, your latests posts after calling you a troll have only proven my point.

BTW, I have 30 posts a day since that also includes my posts inside the Dev forums and I can type pretty fast. Call it sad if you want but at the end of the day, I'm working on something that brings entertainment, knowledge and understanding to many people all over the world though this mod. Would you call a Flim maker doing the same thing sad because they worked on a film or w/e? I think not. Just because I communicate though text on a forum dose not make me any "sadder" then someone who speaks to someone over a phone, they are both forms of electronic communication, think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Quote:
Says a guy who has enough time to join a forum just to troll, and then flame people that are purely pointing out facts against you. Grow up kid.
couldn't have said it better myself

[R-DEV]Rhino is online now Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 AM   #70
DesmoLocke

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke Send a message via Skype™ to DesmoLocke

For me, it all comes down to not having enough players. 4 km maps really need 128 players...

Not enough players = not enough targets.
Plain and simple.

I find that 2 km maps are more than adequate for PR gameplay. Most of the 2 km maps feel larger than they are like Korengal. It has a greater feeling of size due to the vertical element and the hard to travel terrain imho.

DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, dislike, maps, people