project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #11
Cassius

Default Re: Burning Sands memory usage Windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666PROTECTOR View Post
Solution : make bigger PAGEFILE
i had that problem to now its gone
The map needs some tweaking then. No other 4km map requires a bigger pagefile. Is there so much more stuff on the map, that it uses more memory, or is the map broken?

|TG|cap_Kilgore

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
warzer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666PROTECTOR View Post
Solution : make bigger PAGEFILE
i had that problem to now its gone
How big a page file are we talking exactly? I've already increased mine to 10GB max.
warzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:24 AM   #13
MasterOfThessus

Are the devs looking into this? I find it har to believe that it is our systems that can't handle it
MasterOfThessus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:46 AM   #14
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target_Practice_117 View Post
4gb Ram under windows XP = 3gb. 3gb is the max, anymore simply doesn't get used. I run XP with 3gb and CTD on burning sands also.
that's false, max per program is 2gb.
Leopardi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #15
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfThessus View Post
Are the devs looking into this? I find it har to believe that it is our systems that can't handle it
Believe it or not guys, I (the primary mapper of this map) have been on another continent for a month, and I am also moving forward IRL on several fronts.

These problems didn't come up in in-house beta testing afaik, and public betas on Tactical Gamer resulted in hours worth of optimisations.

I have been reviewing the bug reports regarding burning sands and there shall be fixes.

Now, just give me information regarding your experiences and trust that the team will fix this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:13 AM   #16
MasterOfThessus

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
Believe it or not guys, I (the primary mapper of this map) have been on another continent for a month, and I am also moving forward IRL on several fronts.

These problems didn't come up in in-house beta testing afaik, and public betas on Tactical Gamer resulted in hours worth of optimisations.

I have been reviewing the bug reports regarding burning sands and there shall be fixes.

Now, just give me information regarding your experiences and trust that the team will fix this.
What do you need?

I load up the map, it gets to verifying client data after the 100% loading, and then I get the nice little spinning Vista wheel and a error that states something went wrong with the memory allocation. This is the only map that it happens on, but oddly enough my friend can play it and he get's errorless CTD's on every other new map except for Kokan

Using Vista Home premium 32
Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 2.4
3 gb Ram
Geforce 8600 gs 512 mb

Anything more you need? I can play every other map without a problem, and I'm running with normal to low on all settings.
MasterOfThessus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #17
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Welcome back, Rudd!

Using Win7 32 atm, a total of 4 gigs of RAM, though not all of that can be used due to the 32 bit. Map does load, but I get graphical glitches such as invisible textures (especially tracks of armored vehicles and entire buildings in the city). I had similar issues on Dragon Fly before the fix.

Used all kinds of settings. Currently textures on low, all dynamic shadows and light and stuff low/off, and the rest either medium or high.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #18
TheAssProtectors.Nr1

I'm having the same problems with Burning Sands, and Burning Sands only.

When the map is done loading, no matter if I make my own local or join an Internet server, the nice little hour glass appear, and there's nothing else for me to do than the Alt+F4 PR.

I'm using Windows Vista Media Edition (fancy-fancy), 2gb RAM, 3.20GHz, NVidia GeForce 6800 256mb dedicated.

All settings in PR are on low, except texture view distance is max.

I hope this will contribute to a fix.

Why do something today, when you can not do it tomorrow
TheAssProtectors.Nr1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #19
killonsight95
Supporting Member

mines fine
all medium, no AA and loads fine
2.8 GHZ duel CPU
windows XP prof 32
1BG RAM
Geforce 8600 512MB

no crashes, although get rid of those stupid small grass undergrowths they make the map darn laggy.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
killonsight95
Supporting Member

mines fine
all medium, no AA and loads fine
2.8 GHZ duel CPU
windows XP prof 32
1BG RAM
Geforce 8600 512MB

no crashes, although get rid of those stupid small grass undergrowths they make the map darn laggy.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
burning, memory, sands, usage, windows