project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #31
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

Default Re: Chat in Server

Yes, of course, we're not saying noone should ever use all chat. Just defending the server rules against spam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #32
NyteMyre

Spam is something different then mentioned in this topic. In this topic, people talk about "useless" chat.
I like useless chat. It reminds me that i'm not playing mindless bots, but actual people with a life next to PR. It's something that forms a community. Not just this forum.

Like i said before..... I'm not annoyed by people making small talk on all chat, why can't you?

NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #33
[R-DEV]Spec
Lead Forum Moderator

For the reasons posted, Nyte There's voip where it's much easier to have some chatting with people while nothing is going on, but chat - you never know when something important will be said, and you block everyones screen with your text, not only your squad or w/e.

I personally don't like to see alot of chat, though I won't get angry just because someone says "nice try there guys" after a failed assault or sth. But the problem is - if everyone does it, it's spam. So since the rules can't say only x amount of chat is allowed, and admins are not always present (and able to react), a "only relevant chat" rule seems the best solution to me.

Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature! || If you need help or have a question, feel free to contact me via

[R-DEV]Spec is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #34
Human_001

I would like to once again thank you all for replies. All replies were very helpful and constructive.

But... I still have this question. Why do FPS game have chat system to begin with.

When people first made FPS and software like this BF2, there must be more reason than just 'All chat could be useful in such situation'.

I would now like to invite Dev on this forum. They are developing mod and are closer to software development, so I think I have chance to get this answer. I think they might understand why software developer put in such feature on such software.
Human_001 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #35
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_001 View Post
I would like to once again thank you all for replies. All replies were very helpful and constructive.

But... I still have this question. Why do FPS game have chat system to begin with.

When people first made FPS and software like this BF2, there must be more reason than just 'All chat could be useful in such situation'.

I would now like to invite Dev on this forum. They are developing mod and are closer to software development, so I think I have chance to get this answer. I think they might understand why software developer put in such feature on such software.
simple, there can be times where all chat can be useful... your useage is not one of these times.

see my point about vbf2 and people not caring compared to PR and people caring due to lots of infomation blah blah blah

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #36
Lzryde

Send a message via MSN to Lzryde

Well as long
as you're
not one of those
people that
talks
this,

I don't see why you would have been banned without warning.
And if they did warn you, you should have listened.

It all comes down to what the server rules are.
If you don't like 'em, either suck it up, buy your own server, or play somewhere else.
Lzryde is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chat, server