project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
31 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
Spectral
Default Re: Aircraft Carrier (?PR?)

it would be hilarious if when a jet takes off the carrier and someone walks behind the engines thrust, they get shot off the back of the carrier.
Spectral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #22
Redamare
Supporting Member

I dont remember who but i Know i saw a full size carrier being created by Some BF2 mod . . . i would say Find the Main Navy carrier get the model permission some how and code it with catapaults . . but the issue also wouldbe what about landings ? :P Muhaha people have many issues with normal landings on runways soo with the less room to land how do manage?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #23
The Iron Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redamare View Post
I dont remember who but i Know i saw a full size carrier being created by Some BF2 mod . . . i would say Find the Main Navy carrier get the model permission some how and code it with catapaults . . but the issue also wouldbe what about landings ? :P Muhaha people have many issues with normal landings on runways soo with the less room to land how do manage?
I think CA had a Nimitz in the making...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Iron Dreamer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Same way CATOBAR aircraft land on carriers, arrest wires, which if you watch near the end of the vid posted on the last page you can them in action

Also the BF2 mod making a Nimitz carrier was USI but the carrier model was very low detail and no where near finished, needed a lot of work in order to be anywhere near useable by someone who knew what they where doing and as it stands currently, we dont yet even have a map for STOVL aircraft (from a carrier) in PR, let alone CATOBAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Dreamer View Post
I think CA had a Nimitz in the making...
CA where trying to finish off the USI one but pretty sure they gave up on that

[R-DEV]Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #25
Alucard

i just want a map big enough for VTOL aircraft like the AV-8 twould be nice...

Alucard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #26
[R-DEV]Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
i just want a map big enough for VTOL aircraft like the AV-8 twould be nice...
The AV-8B Harrier, like the Harrier GR9 is a STOVL aircraft, not a true VTOL aircraft as with bombs and a full load of fuel, it can't take off vertically.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 09-27-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Old 09-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #27
ankyle62

That would be pretty bad ass to have someone sitting in the control tower or side thing like in the video controlling the catapults, maybe add a video feed of the approach to tell the pilot if they are high, low, or off to the left/right so they can act like the LSO on the aircraft carrier.

YouTube - Landing on an Aircraft Carrier - Flight Deck Level 2
ankyle62 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
Elektro

You know what would be interesting and probably a waste of +9000 tickets a minute?

Nimitz carrier + Night map for PR

YouTube - Night Aircraft Carrier Landing

Elektro is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, carrier, carriers