project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Apr 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #31
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: LAV-25 vs AAV

No, its still used in a recon role, as it is in the other countries who use it (namely Australia)
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #32
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]BloodBane611 View Post
Not according to the marines sitting in the thing when I asked them.
Honestly i do wanna know if there is a difference between US and CA LAV25 cause i cant barely fit in the back of a LAV25 when its combat loaded...

Back on topic R-Dev could use the LAV25 as a AFV, just like CF does. Driver & gunner slot only. Just like the scimitar used by the british. And AAVP7A1 for carrying marines all around map... :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #33
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
Back on topic R-Dev could use the LAV25 as a AFV, just like CF does. Driver & gunner slot only. Just like the scimitar used by the british. And AAVP7A1 for carrying marines all around map... :P
As Rhino already said it probably will be used just like that in future but it's reliant on there being a map in PR where that is appropriate, which just isn't the case at present.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
[R-MOD]Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #34
adbusmc1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh33lman View Post
this question has been eating away at me since i saw the the AAV. why is the AAV replacing the LAV in PR?
Where did you see/hear the AAV is even being added? I been waiting for this for a loooong time now!
adbusmc1983 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #35
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Honestly i do wanna know if there is a difference between US and CA LAV25 cause i cant barely fit in the back of a LAV25 when its combat loaded...

Don't worry, I gave them the same incredulous look, but they were pretty adamant that 6 guys fit in the back.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 PM   #36
AnimalMother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbusmc1983 View Post
Where did you see/hear the AAV is even being added? I been waiting for this for a loooong time now!
lurk moar!

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f380...-reel-7-a.html

Some WIP's - Project Reality Forums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|TG-31st|

vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl
"

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #37
Bricks

Quote:

The USMC LAV-25 and Canadian LAV-25 Coyote are the same chassis but the back of the Coyote (Canadian variant) removed the bench seats and replaced them with 1 observer seat, multiple surveillance monitors and telescopic observation mast. In comparison the USMC LAV-25 has two outward facing bench seats which seat a total of 6 troops.
Bricks is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aav, lav25