project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Bobsona
Default I mustache you a question...

Hello. I'd like to start playing PR. I have experience in hardcore games like this one (Namely WW2OL) and want to get that same rush. The one you get once the adrenaline starts pumping. When you've spent a half hour unmoving in a bush waiting for those sentries to turn so you can make your move. When one of them steps into your crosshairs and you make sure you have the range correct before you fire. When you're trying to be sneaky and a cacophony of gunshots ring out as everyone screams CONTAAAAAAAAAACT over the mic.

Okay, maybe the last one was a bit fantastic, but I think that PR looks pretty badass and I want to try my hand. But moving from dancing around with bolt action rifles and assaulting hedgerows to cluster bombs and clearing corners with an M4 seems like a challenge. Not to mention how different the control schemes are.

So I am wondering if any experienced people / squads would take me under their wing. I'm on a laptop so I can't fly a chopper half as well as I could a JU52 but I can pull a mean trigger and ride the shit out of a humvee. I know the basics but I need techniques and strategies unique to this game. Not to mention some people to play with! But I doubt very many people got past the second sentence so oh well. The offer still stands!
Bobsona is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
whatshisname55

Default Re: I mustache you a question...

I would gladly bring you up to speed in PR, as would my clan!

Do you have xfire? If so, add me my name is "whatshisname55", if not, then get it and add me! :P
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
ZephyrDark

Welcome to the forums and the game mate!

In my opinion the best way to get up to speed is just play. Learn the controls on your own in a local server or COOP. A good server is TG if you want to learn, just join a squad (someone preferrebly with TG tags on) and tell them you're new. The problem with TG is they have a supporting member system that keeps the server full at 62/64 players so that paying players always have a reserve slot, and if you are not a supporting member on TG you have a chance of being kicked to make room.

Though, if you see me around (name's |TG| Blackpython222) go ahead and link up with my squad if theres room. I'll be happy to help you out. One of the key things, real quick, you need to do is, join squads, ask for kits before taking them, follow SL orders, and ALWAYS say you're new when entering your squad. I know personally that its a pain to find out half-way through a match, after getting largely annoyed at someone who can't keep up, and to find out that said person is new. When you immediately tell an SL, they will be prepared and will know that they need to either slow down the squad a little bit, or just take the time to explain what needs to be done.

Anyways, hope to see you on the battlefield!

Oh, and my xfire is shadowflame324 or something along the lines of that...

|TG-31st|Blackpython

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by ZephyrDark; 09-04-2010 at 06:16 AM..
Old 09-04-2010, 04:51 AM   #4
quaazi

Don't knock bolt-action rifles, mate, for me, the best sniper in the game is the scoped Lee Enfield. Maybe because I play ins so much. Maybe because I take some sort of pervese delight in taking down those high-and-mighty blufor bastards with their laser sights and jet-powered tanks and field dressings on every man with a rugged and obsolete weapon.
quaazi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
General_J0k3r
Send a message via ICQ to General_J0k3r

read the manual, try the game on a local server, go on TG incl. mumble, ... , profit
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Bobsona

Thanks for the replies everybody! I'm downloading Xfire as we (or at least as I) speak and will see about installing PR, too.

And I would use the scoped Lee Enfield too... But I played Axis. :P But I'll be sure to look you all up and not try to drive off by myself in a tank or whatever else noobish shenanigans I could get myself into. Thanks again for the warm welcome! Hopefully you'll be headshotting my at 500 meters very soon!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Puslox

Hello..

Is this your welcoming thread? If it is.. Wow. June 2009.

I would like to play with you. A big fan of Bolt Action Rifles myself.
Puslox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
Murkey
Supporting Member

Welcome to PR. My advice would be read the manual (everyone will tell you this). Then read some guides on here, maybe some youtube video guides and just get playing.

Feel free to add me on x-fire and I can show you the ropes. My name is gergmurkey or [PR]CATA|Murkey

Good Hunting

Murkey's Video Guides
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

-

-

Murkey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #9
Web_cole
PR Server License Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole Send a message via Skype™ to Web_cole

Welcome, you have a good attitude as a new, learning player. Keep that attitude and you will go far in the PR community!

Some things that might interest you:

Very Good Medic Guide (Vid)

Squad Leading Guide (Vid, part 1)

Deviation Guide (Vid, outdated but potentially still useful)

Deviation and Settle Times (Forum Post)

Experiences of a Project Reality Tournament Commander (Not a tut or guide, but might give you an idea of how PR can be played at the highest level(imo); the PRT)

Hope those are helpful/interesting

For Aiur
Last edited by Web_cole; 09-04-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Old 09-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
Bobsona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puslox View Post
Hello..

Is this your welcoming thread? If it is.. Wow. June 2009.

I would like to play with you. A big fan of Bolt Action Rifles myself.

Yeah, I started this account last year but I didn't have time to play once I got into the Command aspects of the game. Once you do then you have to split your time between political maneuvering, the logistics and overreaching strategy aspects (Like making sure that brigades are within fallback distance of the rest of the division, otherwise it'll be knocked out of play for 24 hours.) trying to handle recruitment and training of new people into the squad, and actually playing the game!

It was a lot of fun though. Nothing like spending an hour creeping through the defenses of a forward base with two friends in order to blow it and save a city. Or trying to get close enough to an enemy tank so that your shells can penetrate it's armor without getting seen by it, sapped, bombed from the air, hit with an anti tank gun or an anti tank rifle through the vision slits... Damn those were good times.

Tags
mustache, question