project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Nov 2017, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
Sclafani
Default Looking for experience

Hello, I'm fairly new to the whole Project Reality thing and I've got a few questions. First I'd like to introduce myself. I'm eighteen years old and from Detroit, Michigan. I love realism and like to learn and have fun whilst playing, but nine chances out of ten I've received zero help from players. I've got a microphone and enjoy squad based team play, but get torn apart when I don't know -exactly- how to achieve said goals. I'm asking you, as a community, if there's any experienced players out there willing to help tone a few tactics down with me and have a laugh while we're at it. I play specifically on public servers because as said earlier, I'm new to the community. Hopefully I posted this in the correct section, if I didn't I'm very sorry. So please guys, help me out!
Sclafani is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
joethepro36

Default Re: Looking for experience

Go on the Co-op servers first and learn all the basics there. People there are much, much more willing to teach others how to play in the casual environment there. I often go to the co-op servers to chill out and have taught a half dozen players how to do everything there is ingame.

So ask around and get some practice in the assets within co-op before joining a full fledged public server.
joethepro36 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 AM   #3
Anderson29
Supporting Member

first of all when ur new...let your SL know that....if no knows your new...how can they help you....its best to join small sqds at first to learn and then move on from there
Anderson29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Sclafani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson29 View Post
first of all when ur new...let your SL know that....if no knows your new...how can they help you....its best to join small sqds at first to learn and then move on from there
That's exactly what I do.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
masterceo

Welcome to the forums.

Most players will be helpful, just be sure to say that you are new to the mod. Don't try to use kits or vehicles until you fully understand how to operate them. Takes a bit of practice. At the beginning try to stick with infantry squads. If you don't know how to use something, ask on VOIP how it works. If you have any questions related to the deviation system, simply browse the forums, it is fully explained. Always listen to your SL.

Sure, you will encounter SLs that will kick you from squads or people whose sole response to your question is "RTFM (read the fkin manual)". But keep in mind that most of PR community will be friendly, so don't let that get you down. Be polite and respectful, and above all be a teamplayer and you'll get a hang of PR very fast.

Also, while questions don't hurt, some matters have been discussed and explained to death before, so before asking anything on the forums, use the search function.

Priby:Why cant i be norwegian?
H.sta:becouse we are a specially selected bunch of people created by god to show how awsome mankind can be
masterceo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
quaazi

My experience with new players are essentialy twofold. One's the naive bright-eyed kid who can't hit anything with his gun and is awestruck every time he gets a chopper ride, and I've got no quarrel with them, they want to learn. But then there's the idiot who goes "WHAT IS SHOVEL FOR" "HOW DO I USE VEHICLES" and so forth, and yes, I do venomously tell them to go read a manual. Because that's what you're goddamn told 14 and a half times before you launch the .exe.
quaazi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Sclafani

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaazi View Post
My experience with new players are essentialy twofold. One's the naive bright-eyed kid who can't hit anything with his gun and is awestruck every time he gets a chopper ride, and I've got no quarrel with them, they want to learn. But then there's the idiot who goes "WHAT IS SHOVEL FOR" "HOW DO I USE VEHICLES" and so forth, and yes, I do venomously tell them to go read a manual. Because that's what you're goddamn told 14 and a half times before you launch the .exe.
I've read it, I'm asking for hands on training and just having fun.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
freeway

poor little kid wanna learn , join a sq find a SL with a tag on , they are good and helpful

AKA AlexanderK-47
"The sniper is a very necessary person. He serves to remind us that we are war."
A .303 round at +2500 fps will remove a leg if it impacts the mid to lower thigh, thus resulting in death for most circumstances
No word of a lie ever since i downloaded this mod on January, i havent gone near the BF2 icon lol!
freeway is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
Sclafani

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeway View Post
poor little kid wanna learn , join a sq find a SL with a tag on , they are good and helpful
Insightful, thanks. For future reference though, I'm an adult.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:27 PM   #10
maniac1031

What exactly are you looking for? basic infantry skills , apc/ifv, tank training, or piloting aircraft?
maniac1031 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
experience