project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
goguapsy

Default Re: Rounds per minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
If that is the case of balancing, how many of the gun's fire rates are unrealistic?

It would be nice to have everything real despite the balancing issues.
Yes, but as Jigsaw said, this is Project Gameplay, not Project Reality (in some points).

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/CENTER]
Old 08-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #12
boilerrat

If all of the rates were realistic, let's take insurgents for example.

If their guns started turning less effective than blufor, they would start using IEDs more and run and gun stuff.. compared to toe-to-toe

It could change the play style a lot.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #13
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerrat View Post
If their guns started turning less effective than blufor,
What do you mean by less effective? According to Sebastian Junger's "WAR" (very good book about the soldiers in Korengal Vally btw, very good reading), some firefights with cyclic firing resulted in lots of jams in US-made guns due to the internal recoil-absorber they have.

The AK-47s, on the other hand, have a HUGE recoil but don't have much inside to be jammed, because it is so simple.

(I'm supposing we are talking about RPM on small-arms, right?)

EDIT:
Oh and if I recall correctly, Junger said that the insurgents (Taliban) resorted to roadside bombs due to the huge firepower advantage the US had over them (talking about jets and choppers). As that difference isn't THAT big in-game, I believe that the game is somewhat balanced at the moment, I'd say it actually favors the insurgent side, meaning that a while a well-coordinated BLUFOR team can simply rape the insurgents, a disorganized BLUFOR can get crippled by a lone insurgent in a Gary... Or an RPG, or a techie, or an IED, or a marksman, or a RPK gunner...

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
Last edited by goguapsy; 08-15-2010 at 12:52 AM..
Old 08-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
Turner

I was playing around on the bf2 editor and made a Jackhammer have 900RPM and no recoil, with 900 rounds of ammo lmao

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. - Jose Narosky
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #15
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

BF2 enforces firing rates divisible by 1200.

Every single cyclic firing rate in PR is made as close to reality as possible. If you find one that isn't, please report it in the appropriate section with sources to show the RoF in reality.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Closed Thread

Tags
minute, rounds