project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
24 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #11
Vapourstreak

Default Re: Scope Zooming?

Thanks. So, from what I'm seeing, 2D scopes is like, a texture of the scope that's place in a higher layer than the surrounding, so it's basically a flat image pasted over, while in 3D scopes, the scope is actually modelled onto the weapon, and the POV is just changed so it's really close to the scope on the weapon, literally, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vapourstreak is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapourstreak View Post
Thanks. So, from what I'm seeing, 2D scopes is like, a texture of the scope that's place in a higher layer than the surrounding, so it's basically a flat image pasted over, while in 3D scopes, the scope is actually modelled onto the weapon, and the POV is just changed so it's really close to the scope on the weapon, literally, right?
exactly correct

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #13
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Masaq

They're very pretty... I cannae wait

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." -

Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
13DarkWolf

So will the magnification/zoom feature on the sniper rifles and designated marksman kits be returned when 3D sights are introduced? This is just out of interest as i was playing Muttrah recently, and found that the M14 DMR had similar if not the same magnification as the Acog, is that correct?

Either way, looking forward to seeing the 3D scopes too, as they look so much more fluid in movement.

13DarkWolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #15
Teek
Supporting Member

The M14 has a higher magnification when deployed, but only 4x (same as ACOG) when undeployed

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #16
HardDiskDriver1

Thanks for the quick answers! spent so many hours today playing singleplayer
the 3d scopes look really good from what I've seen (one of the developers posted a video of a non magnifying 3d scope on the Lee Enfield on YouTube), and I'm assuming they're faster to bring up as well since they're already loaded since they are part of the model.
HardDiskDriver1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDiskDriver1 View Post
Thanks for the quick answers! spent so many hours today playing singleplayer
the 3d scopes look really good from what I've seen (one of the developers posted a video of a non magnifying 3d scope on the Lee Enfield on YouTube), and I'm assuming they're faster to bring up as well since they're already loaded since they are part of the model.
the reason they're slow to bring up is because of gameplay reasons, eg. in real lfie you can't just bring the sights to your eyes and boom get your sights exactly right.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 AM   #18
VikingShip

They are not available yet.
VikingShip is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:30 AM   #19
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Send a message via ICQ to lucky.BOY Send a message via Skype™ to lucky.BOY

Hi, here are my 2 cents:
AFAIK DMR rifled didnt ever have any dual zoom capability (correct me if im wrong), and since dual zoom at sniper rifles and GLTDs was removed in .91, i dont think it will return in .92 .

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #20
Vapourstreak

Masaq, is that your BBM or what on your Avatar?

Vapourstreak is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
n00b, rifle, scope, sniper, zooming