project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jul 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

View Poll Results: Miltary career and video games
Playing video games was a factor that encouraged me to think about the military as a career choice. 104 32.00%
Playing video games was a factor that caused me to reject the military as a career choice 13 4.00%
I have always wanted to join the military as a career 123 37.85%
I have never wanted to join the military as a career 85 26.15%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
Matrox
Retired PR Developer

Default Has Project Reality influenced a decision for you to join the military?

***Edit***

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback. Attached to this post are the fruits of my labour. i couldn't get anyone's results in, or the actual poll included as I didn't have the time...

Enjoy!

Quote:
I'm conducting a research paper, and need to get as much information from a gaming audience as possible!

If you have been affected by video games in your decision to possibly follow a military career choice either now or later, i would be very thankful if you could put how and why in a small post below. If you feel brave enough i would also be grateful if you could stick your age down.

I am desperately after someone who has followed a career in the military due to their video games experience, just to ask a few questions. If you are, or know anybody who fits that criteria, please please please get into contact.

Cheers guys!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Inside the Virtual Battlefield 25-07-2010.pdf (556.3 KB, 24 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you can find the four ninjas in my post, pm me to find out the prize....

Soalic: Because Microsoft Word makes really good pictures.
Last edited by Matrox; 07-28-2010 at 02:26 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
gazzthompson

Default Re: Have video games influenced a decision for you to join the military?

I play games because of my interest in the military and because i have always wanted to pursue a career in the military . 19 years of age, was visiting museums and airfields at a very young age.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Default Re: Have video games influenced a decision for you to join the military?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
I play games because of my interest in the military and because i have always wanted to pursue a career in the military . 19 years of age, was visiting museums and airfields at a very young age.
This. Still mighty tempted to join as an officer but there are several things such as current job/family/gf that hold me back from going to sign up. I voted 3, always been interested but play videogames as part of that interest.

21 yo.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Last edited by [R-MOD]Jigsaw; 07-11-2010 at 01:29 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy

In militaries before modern war games came out.

|
Brummy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
[R-DEV]Rudd
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I'm currently talking to the RAF about a sponsorship to do a degree in nursing since biological science is turning out to be not my thing. Computer games haven't influenced me, I've always been interested in serving since a young age with a keen interest in the military and military history. However I'm going abroad to volunteer in kenya first. Video games are just another avenue of that interest.

21 years old

[R-DEV]Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
dtacs
Supporting Member

Currently in the process of joining the Australian Army. Its always been something that I knew I would want to do, but I had conflicts of what I wanted to do once I would leave school. I'm cut between Botany (study of flowers, don't laugh) and continuing my application.

I can honestly say that playing war-like vidya games has strengthened my desire for a military career though, even though I'm applying for a 99% non-combat job.

17 (18 in August) yo.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

As far as i can remember, i always wanted to join military, it's my passion, it's my way of life seriously, i dont imagine myself doing something else than that, there is no "civilian" counter part of carrying a rifle for miles, firing thousands of bullet each year's, firing M18A1, M72A5, HMG's, GPMG's, SAW, Carbine etc... doing shit load of crap XD like crossing river in the winter etc etc etc... i'm like born the be a soldier and now i'm my first combat deployment is coming pretty soon

21, Armor crewman.

Last edited by Hotrod525; 07-11-2010 at 08:18 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

i've always military stuff was cool and playing war-games. playing war-games have kept that interest up

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
killonsight95
Supporting Member

i've always wanted to jointhe mil but since i'm only 15 thats a long way off and i at leats want my A-levels, video games have not influenced but when i was young i used to play "army" with my mates like pretend to shoot each toher and each group of freinds was their own "gang" tat got me interested.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #10
[R-DEV]Adriaan
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Never wanted to actually join the military, just interested in military equipment, tactics/strategy and history. Video games haven't influenced that decision. (17 y.o.)
[R-DEV]Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
decision, games, influenced, join, military, project, reality, video