project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
01 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:54 AM   #1
The Baghwan
Default What's the difference between "B" and "V" voice comms?

What's the difference between pressing "B" for "Push to Talk" or "V" as "Comms"? (in VOIP)

Cheers, Bag.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Brummy

Send a message via MSN to Brummy
Default re: What's the difference between "B" and "V" voice comms?

B is for intra-squad communications, so the squad leader or squad members talking to each other.

V is for squad leaders to talk to the commander.

B is also for the commander to talk to specific squads by selecting them on his commander screen.

V is also for the commander to talk to all squads simultaneously.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 06-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
Damian(>>>PL

Default Re: What's the difference between "B" and "V" voice comms?

when you'r:
SM: B- SQ voip, V- notching
SL: B-SQ voip, V- comander voip
Com: B- voip witch chosed SQs, V-voip witch all SQs

War is a game played
with a smile;
if you can`t smile, grin.
If you can`t grin, keep out of the way until you can.
[Winston Churchill]
Old 06-22-2010, 05:30 AM   #4
The Baghwan

Thanks guys, so how does Mumble work? I've downloaded and installed it... are you supposed to "run" it (launch it) before launching PR?

Cos I've got a really good audio interface- a presonus DAW 16 input which doesn't allow the mic boost in PR/BF2, so I have to run it really hard to be heard.

Maybe Mumble can help me there.

Cheers- I should check out Mumble for myself, I know, but I couldn't resist the opportunity to ask.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Yahoo to sweedensniiperr Send a message via Skype™ to sweedensniiperr

ok, the thread had it's answer but i don't care..

mumble means you can talk to "everyone" on the server via 3d positional audio. it's kinda hard to explain really, it has to seen (heard) to understand it.

and i would recommend starting mumble before pr to avoid audio bugs

EDIT: also since you're from aus. you should try playing on the BigD server, they're very mumble friendly

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 06-22-2010 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: xtra tip
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM   #6
Elektro

The Baghwan, here is a guide on how to setup and use mumble:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...t-reality.html

Mumble is a 3rd party program which allows you to "talk" with your teammates and possibly enemies as if you talked to them in real life.

A 3D effect is given, so if your Squad Leader says: Come over here! You will hear where he is yelling from.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 AM   #7
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

I always switch the buttons so I talk with the sq with V because I dont have to reach with my finger to the B button. Then I use Left Alt for voice programs like Mumble, Vent, ect.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
[R-MOD]Jigsaw
Forum Moderator

Question has been answered, thread locked.

For more info on mumble check out the link Elektro gave.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end... "
Closed Thread

Tags
comms, difference, question, silly, voice