project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
=Toasted=

Default Re: Helicopters

I have an old joystick the Pitch commands don't respond. I can turn while taxiing in a jet, but I can't take off. So I'm sticking with keyboard+ mouse.

(I only flew back in Training and now sometimes COOP mode anyway)

Bob_Marley - "This is an outrage! If we're going to spend money on black projects they should be much more amusing and/or explosive than this."

PR In-Game Alias: =Epic-Toast=
=Toasted= is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #12
havoc1482

Send a message via AIM to havoc1482 Send a message via MSN to havoc1482 Send a message via Skype™ to havoc1482

I use the keyboard exclusively. (Arrow and WSAD keys) I'm not one to brag but I'm defiantly not a noob pilot.

What I can't stand with flying is that you can be a f**king pro at it and when you crash/shot down. (and it happens to the best of us) Everyone always says you suck. /rant

But yeah, Keyboard/Mouse is your best bet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

havoc1482 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
Supporting Member

Always used the keyboard only. Never used the mouse for any aircraft except to look around.
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
Snazz
Supporting Member

This could almost do with a poll. See if anyone flies with mouse only (using side/scroll buttons for throttle/rudder), or uses an Xbox/PS style controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc1482 View Post
What I can't stand with flying is that you can be a f**king pro at it and when you crash/shot down. (and it happens to the best of us) Everyone always says you suck. /rant
Yep, one of the unfortunate traits of the PR community.
Snazz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #15
stickgore

good responses guys! to get even deeper, whats your mouse sensitivity??
stickgore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #16
goguapsy

What settings you guys use for mouse control? I always feel I'm gonna flip or something.

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:54 AM   #17
Pirate

Keyboard only, feel like I have better control over the chopper than with keyboard and mouse.
Pirate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #18
CareBear

Send a message via MSN to CareBear

^
same, keyboard only, love it <3

CareBear is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #19
Naruto-kun

Joystick all the way, gives me complete control and i love to handle choppers of the throttle.

Known as LABANEN3 ingame

Naruto-kun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:10 AM   #20
TomDackery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
Joystick all the way, gives me complete control and i love to handle choppers of the throttle.
I'd like to handle your chopper's throttle...

But yea, Joystick makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. I like the warm and gooey sensation, and thus fore I use joystick on Hueys, Apaches, and havoks.

Everything else is too touchy for the eloquence of the joystick, so I am forced to resort to barbarian means to fly the LB, BH, Cow, etc. (mouse).
I don't use arrow keys because I find them less appealing than a dead salmon in a wooden mug filled with mud-AIDs frothy water with a heaping plate of poor hiker's feet. Strictly in my own opinion, of course.
TomDackery is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helicopters