project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #31
Wolfguard

Send a message via MSN to Wolfguard
Default Re: Would you like to have a 24/7 kashan server again?

Hell no, I won't!
That map has got to be the shittiest map that I have ever played in Project Reality! Personally, I think the developers should have booted that map several versions ago!

Opinions are like assholes - we all got 'em and they all stink!
Wolfguard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
Peeta
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
And if you are going to make that server, please put the squad asset name rule.
I will personally annoy the f*ck out of Star to change the current asset rule to match what you suggested.

If you support Patrick's request, please post here: http://68.168.98.215/forum/index.php...ted=1#post_151

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Peeta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #33
ghostfool84
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Oh a 24/7 Kasahn Server would be Wonderful but why a Skirmish Map in the Beginning? I dont like them at all as Start Map, cause when i want to play for example Kashan now i cant and have to wait until 12vs12 wasted 100 Tickets.
ghostfool84 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #34
Heskey
PR Server License Moderator

I've replied.

I'd be interested in trying it out but I need some faith restored; loads of people love it, but I see it as a snore-fest - I'd like to understand the other point of view.

My experience of Kashan:

1.) All assets taken by incompetant individuals who proceed to get killed, and lose the assets.
2.) Infantry squads left without transport due to 1.) and big open spaces resulting in downed choppers.
3.) Infantry take to the field due to lack of transport; take 15 minutes to cross a section of desert with no cover only to get owned by enemy assets.
4.) Infantry ends up separated within the bunker complex away from their squad leaders & medics.
5.) Infantry endure an hour of r*pefest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Signature by
)
Heskey is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #35
burghUK

instead of haters posting here discouraging those who want to put up the server and ruining it for people who do enjoy it's fun why not just keep it to yourself?

If I don't make it , tell my wife i said "hello".
burghUK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:08 PM   #36
[R-DEV]Gore
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

no. no 24/7 of anything. it destroys the map and people start hating it. for people playing on normal servers, when the ridiculously overplayed map comes up it empties the server and youre forced to exit your favorite place to play.

[R-DEV]Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #37
Stemo

Nope, I like diversity. the 1 hour + it takes to finnish a round on a normal server is enough to start looking forward to the next map.
Stemo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #38
myles

YEah it woul be alright i would probaly play only 1 round of a 64 players round then leave the server and go play somtng else. Somtime m just in a mood for a paticluar map so i would be easy to get to

Check out my Project Reaity gamplay here

myles is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #39
-Prowler-

I would love you.

"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."
-Prowler- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #40
T.A.Sharps

Personally, I really don't like playing Kashan. Its too reliant on vehicle coordination. If that iss your thing great. I always join foot based squads if I have a choice.

Most of the time I played it there were no dedicated transport people, and half the time I end up walking across that huge map to try to re-link up with my squad that got killed off.

Its fun if you have a squared away squad, but you don't always find that Pubbing when half your team goes APC or Armor and there are only one or two INF squads.

I always jump off the server when Kashan comes up because its most likely going to be a long slow fight.

If there is a 24/7 one hopefully other servers will run Kashan less.

EVERYBODY MAKES FUN OF REDNECKS.... UNTIL THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.
T.A.Sharps is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
24 or 7, kashan, server