project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Sep 2014, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Contact Support Team Frequently Asked Questions Register today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
NateMac
Default Joystick Control in PR

I'm reviving this discussion because the posts so far seem inconclusive.

I'm running a Logitech 3d wingman pro Joystick on my machine. The sensitivity manager for it seems to have no effect in PR. I'm a solid pilot, so I know by experience that the joystick is about 10x too sensitive on all axis in PR.... I mean WAY too sensitive, esp in piloting helicopters. The tiniest calibration error on any axis feeds right into the controls because there is NO DEAD ZONE. Any real world pilot can relate to the heaviness of actual flight controls. PR should not be picking up my pulse.

I don't blame my joystick, or its software. I point to PR because BF2 handles the input from the same config very well. It's not simply the difference in the flight model, it's a difference in how the joystick input is processed from my joystick, which is a fairly common series used in gaming.

Just as a side note ( the mod is amazing btw, but let's not call the job done yet ), any mod which aims at being realistic should not have such a large following of players which elect to fly helicopters with their mice. Helicopters with complex and variable flight models should not be best flown with 2D controls. God help us if our real world pilots were out tapping a tiny key to modulate the collective.

I'm not asking for a sim, just a simple salute to real world handling. And maybe this is just me, but in general I think the flight models for the helicopters can stand to be revisited. Again, let's not call it done. And let's not just say, "get used to it". What would have happened if the creators of PR just succumbed to every dork that said "just deal with the way it is"?

Again. PR is an amazing accomplishment. But I only offer this as constructive criticism, so that the creators and community can continue to realize the full potential of "Reality" in Project Reality.

Thanks.
NateMac is offline Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
pilotclan9404
Default Re: Joystick Control in PR

agreed its so bad with my joystick that if the air moves it - it will flip upside down

Its so hard to use the joystick and the mouse - god i cant even do it withthe mouse
pilotclan9404 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
control, helicopter, joystick, realism, sensitivity